Multi vitamin tablets vs. Single vitamin tablets

BaldyBill

Reaction score
Q for the clever guys ...

Would a mineral (e.g. Zinc) from a single tablet be absorbed into the body better than the same mineral from a multi vitamin tablet which contains several other minerals ? (The zinc is amino-acid chelated in both cases)

G

You may want to do a bit of research on this. I seem to recall that zinc needs a certain level of copper in the blood/body to work effectively. I do not recall the ratio but that might suggest a balanced mineral formula over a single dose zinc tablet.

Brucelee

G

>>Seperate vitamins are superior in every way. Multi vitamins DO NOT GET BROKEN DOWN properly and they don't get absorbed that well. Go seperate dude.>>

Do you have any research that supports this statement?

Brucelee

G

you are btter off taking an a-z vitamin pill as a lot of vitamins tend to compliment each other.............

BaldyBill

Reaction score
There seems to be a big difference of opinion on this.

Common sense tells me seperate tablets would be better, but Bruce
pointed out that Zinc needs Copper as a "catalyst" to be absorbed properly.

I'd like to see some hard facts/reports can anyone point me in the
right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

BaldyBill.

G

why does common sense say that separate ones are better?

they all get digested if eaten together, it is better if eaten after a meal because of the slower transit time.

vitamin pills arent gonna grow you any hair anyway, just make up for your deficiencies. and if youre not vegetarian i doubt if your deficient in zinc anyway.

BaldyBill

Reaction score
Hollywood,

I take Zinc supplements to help control Estrogen levels as I'm also
taking 0.6mg of Finasteride.
Reports indicate that insufficient Zinc is absorbed into the body from the
"typical" western diet. So I take a supplement just to make sure.

If a number of supplemental minerals are trying to be absorbed into the body, then the absorption of a particular mineral could be lower.
Do you not agree ?
I'm just trying to get some opinion / pointers to scientific evidence.

BaldyBill.

G

no i dont agree.
people eat food containing loads of different vitamins and minerals and never had any problem so far.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Hollywood said:
you are btter off taking an a-z vitamin pill as a lot of vitamins tend to compliment each other.............

I can relate to this statement as I have been on Craptrum Performance which has about a kazillion vitamins & minerals (Including some herbs) in one handy tablet, and my overall health feels better despite all the junk food that I run though my system on a time to time basis. Everything seems to work together in perfect harmony though, so I can attest that multi-vitamin is the best way to take vitamins. You get the best combination of vitamins and minerals in the right levels as well. "How do they cram all that gram?!"

XL

BaldyBill

Reaction score
Thanks' for your opinions guys.
It seems a multi-tablet is the way to go.

Hollywood - don't you think that some people could have a "problem"
processing a particular mineral, and this could effect their overall health
and perhaps even hairloss ?
The human body is a complicated machine.
I'm not saying this could be the primary cause of hairloss, but a contributing factor.

BB.

G

if there is a problem processing a mineral i think it would show up in more extreme ways then adding to slow hair loss.