mr_sparkle's Story

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've been on this forum for a while so I thought I'd post a story...

I am basically thinning on top but have a hairline that is fine. There's a slight M shape which I've had for as long as I can remember and I can grow hair at the front as long as I want no problem - it's purely the sitution on top.

I'm 19 but it's actually been a problem for 2-3 years. At first me and my family shrugged it off thinking I'd always had a double-crown, but it seemed to get worse and around this year it hit us hard that it's going. Thankfully my parents can see how it's affecting and have said they'll pretty much do anything to help me keep it and end this depression (even though my Dad didn't seem to care at all when it happened to him - so much to an extent he doesn't know when it started cos he never paid attention - I wish I was that brave about it). I think we'd all been denying it for ages but since Christmas it seemed to have thinned a bit so knew I was suffering the unluckyest gene on Earth.

So for the last 2 weeks I've been on Regaine Extra Strength (5% minoxidil). Have had a shed - looking now it's a bit noticeable but probably only for me who inspects my head every day, and as sheds are expected, I'm not too bothered. I hope to God that this works. I'm going to get some shampoo as well for it either Pregaine or Nizoral.

Going to revisit my trichologist in August - 3 months after starting, to review the situation. If things don't pick up I may try and go for Propecia. Even though he refused to prescribe it too me and my parents are heavily against me using it, so many Americans here seem to love the stuff, so it'll be a last resort.

I'm hoping it works. There really is no bald area just follicles all a lot thinner. My trichologist seems to think we've caught it at the right moment so here's hoping...