Moving from proscar to dutasteride?

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve been taking proscar for years, I break up a tablet into 5 pieces and take a fifth each day. However, i’m sure not this is working anymore continued hair loss etc. I’m looking to move to dutasteride, what would be the recommended dose? And do folk have better results than with proscar/finasteride?
Thanks

jazz1

Reaction score
What is your full regime? Did you change brands recently on the Finasteride?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been taking proscar for years, I break up a tablet into 5 pieces and take a fifth each day, However, i’m sure not this is working anymore continued hair loss etc
While its often said the dosage makes no difference, You could try Increasing your finasteride dose by splitting the tablets into quarter's, thirds or in half to see if it has any difference.

some info here:

''I usually increase the dose when someone has been on the same dose of medication for about three years, although there is no good data on how exactly to increase the dose, or that it will actually make a difference.

For this purpose, I generally use finasteride in the form of Proscar 5mg every other day (or Proscar 1/2 pill every day).''

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
While its often said the dosage makes no difference, You could try Increasing your finasteride dose by splitting the tablets into quarter's, thirds or in half to see if it has any difference.

some info here:

''I usually increase the dose when someone has been on the same dose of medication for about three years, although there is no good data on how exactly to increase the dose, or that it will actually make a difference.

For this purpose, I generally use finasteride in the form of Proscar 5mg every other day (or Proscar 1/2 pill every day).''
Ah thank you, I could give this a try.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been taking proscar for years, I break up a tablet into 5 pieces and take a fifth each day. However, i’m sure not this is working anymore continued hair loss etc. I’m looking to move to dutasteride, what would be the recommended dose? And do folk have better results than with proscar/finasteride?
Thanks
If you are thinking of making the switch to dutasteride after a long time on Proscar/finasteride?
There's also a discussion here:

about long-term users switching over conservatively at first, by just adding one 0.5mg Dose of dutasteride a week to their current daily finasteride dose.
rather than just making a complete switch over.