Most efficient combined usage of Tretinoin and Minoxidil?

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently use (besides my other medication) Minoxidil and Tretinoin as follows:
- topical minoxidil (5%) applied each day in the morning, on the scalp.
- Tretinoin gel applied each day in the evening, on the scalp.

Would it be better to also apply minoxidil in the evening together with the Tret? If so, which product should be applied first?

Thank you for your input

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently use (besides my other medication) Minoxidil and Tretinoin as follows:

Would it be better to also apply minoxidil in the evening together with the Tret? If so, which product should be applied first?

Thank you for your input
Why you don't apply both at night ? first the lotion, 20/30 minutes later the gel .

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for your input

Your best bet is to have a minoxidil + retinoic acid solution custom compounded

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dunno but what have been your results so far ?!
No sides, will post a progression topic soon.
Why you don't apply both at night ? first the lotion, 20/30 minutes later the gel .
Just so I'm able to use minoxidil whenever I want. I only use tret in the evening so I can sleep on it, so I don't have to walk around in the sun with it.

I'll look to also use minoxidil in the evening now. So apply the minoxidil first & when it's dried up, apply the gel?

Your best bet is to have a minoxidil + retinoic acid solution custom compounded
Could look into this. Thanks.

Keybored

My Regimen
Reaction score
@everyone else; is it better to apply minoxidil or tret first? Does it even matter?

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only assume that it does not matter what is applied first. Some people I saw even apply it one thing in the morning, another thing in the evening.
For me it's more convenient to apply tretinoin lotion first and 30-60 minutes later minoxidil foam.
I don't have any results to share as I added tretinoin just a week ago.