Morethanbald's Story-(9 years as a hairless women and im ok)

morethanbald

Reaction score
my name is morgan and I am 26 years old and i live in Kentucky. I started losing my hair the summer I turned 17 I was slick bald in a matter of two weeks, a week later I began an exchange program in hamburg germany. While abroad I lost my eyebrows and my sense of identity.
It has taken me years to come to terms with my life as a bald women and I still have moments where it still feels like a curse, but I have mostly come to view it as an odd blessing of sorts. It has helped me to be more concerned with inner beauty rather than the superficial. It has helped me build my character as a person who triumphs over lifes difficulties. Losing my hair has taught me that being a women is more than being stereotypically beautiful. Best of all I haven't shaved my legs, armpits, or private region for 9 years, and there has gotta be alot of women who would appreciate that.LOL.
Really though it's just hair, its not a leg, or an arm, or my health or my life. I don't wear my wigs very often because they are uncomfortable and they don't feel natural plus I feel like iam misrepresenting my true self, so I wear scarfs. So many people have come and asked me if I have cancer, I'm sure some of you can relate, It sometimes gets annoying to have to explain myself to strangers, but it also remind me that things could be a lot worse. I am just thankful I don't have cancer and everything i cope with is just emotional and self esteem based because that can be fixed without radiation.

d5ofus

Reaction score
Thank you. Your story has given me hope and some comfort. God bless you. Hugs from NY.

Julieholl

Reaction score
My God, I admire how strong you are. So much wisdom in such a young age. Your story can bring hope and peace to many of us. I wish you all the best, and may your hope always stay with you.

ASaphira

Reaction score
Morgan, this absolutely amazing story! I am truly fascinated how well you deal with the issue! Is there a chance that we could talk about your experiences related to hair loss? I am an undergraduate student based in London, trying to increase the awareness of the wider public regarding this massive burden women have to carry. I guarantee anonymity and it will not take long. We could arrange a skype session? Cannot wait for your response. Could you please email me your skype details or email to researchhairlosswomen@gmail.com. Looking forward to our discussion!