More evidence of celebrities using Finasteride?

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/th ... air-777930

Declan Donnelly, for those not from the UK, he's quite a famous celeb. His hair has improved a lot and his friends suggested his hair improvements are down to a revolutionary pill that stimulate hair growth. This surely could only be Finasteride...

*EDIT*

Just found this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ds-newsxml

'The treatment uses a combination of tablets and special chemical shampoo to stimulate hair growth, but it’s not as expensive as people might think. The pills are quite cheap to get hold of.'

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Decs hair was thinning yeah, still I very much doubt nizoral shampoo and propecia saved him. Look at how much thicker and volume of his hair, its obvious a transplant or concealer is used to fill in the gaps.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Many celebrities are clearly getting transplants. You don't just regrow hair in the temples like that no matter what you are taking.

It would be pretty stupid to get a hair transplant now a days without some sort of 5ARI.. I'm willing to bet Propecia is pretty common among celebrities.

I bet many even take it just as a preventative measure. Wouldn't be surprised if even Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise are taking the stuff..

It's not a big deal. Currently, Finasteride is the best approved treatment for hair loss. Celebrities are usually concerned about their appearance, and keeping a full head of hair would be important.

K

Kirby

RP3X said:
Decs hair was thinning yeah, still I very much doubt nizoral shampoo and propecia saved him. Look at how much thicker and volume of his hair, its obvious a transplant or concealer is used to fill in the gaps.
Dec of Ant & Dec might be using dutasteride, as I've heard that can supposedly fill in temples better than finasteride. Although that wouldn't also rule out hair transplant surgery and Toppik. Of course.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont understand why people obsess over celebrities. I mean if they are worried about hair loss I would guess they use the same stuff as everyone else and they have the luxury of being able to afford more expensive options.
I mean is it surprising celebrities lose hair like us?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You lads are making it out as if he was slick bald on the temples, how do we know now that the finasteride didn't thicken up his air and the minoxidil gave him regrowth?

Not that hard to believe.

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen results from Propecia that have regrown temples, its entirely possible this was from finasteride and minoxidil alone.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I just think celebs wouldnt bother with minoxidil in the hope that it might regrow hair when they could just go for a hair transplant.
Ive no doubt alot are on propecia though.

Cassin

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
cassin said:
Joe Rogan talks openly about this and his failed hair transplant. Pretty cool.

So he failed on treatments? Great wonderful news! ..... Not

No. He talks very well about how useful propecia has been but he is anti-hair transplant. The hair transplant is the failed part. He talks about how he wishes he never had one so he could shave his head.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Wuffer said:
I bet many even take it just as a preventative measure. Wouldn't be surprised if even Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise are taking the stuff..

Not convinced by that. I don't think people who've never experienced any hair loss would even think to take a drug for it. Even celebrities care about their health too - and there's debate about whether finasteride makes it harder to be 'attractive' in other ways - body shape etc...

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
joes openly said he didnt like the hair transplant but u know what hes got it done and we will hopefully see next weekend with ufc back just how good joe looks...

Still the 5 week ufc break is that enuff for joe rogan to regrew those hairs ?

Also in regards to ant or dec whichever the guy is lol while he was thinning at the temples and in general, I still doubt Propecia regrew and filled in his hair that much.
transplant has to have been done to fill it up either that or alot of toppik !

abcdefg

Reaction score
Celebrities using finasteride as opposed to what else? If there is some other better medication someone should tell me about it.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dec had surgery years ago. You talk about the front but his crown was getting really bad a couple of years ago.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
joes openly said he didnt like the hair transplant but u know what hes got it done and we will hopefully see next weekend with ufc back just how good joe looks...

Still the 5 week ufc break is that enuff for joe rogan to regrew those hairs ?

Also in regards to ant or dec whichever the guy is lol while he was thinning at the temples and in general, I still doubt Propecia regrew and filled in his hair that much.
transplant has to have been done to fill it up either that or alot of toppik !

Here Joe Rogan says propecia killed his dick

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/30437429

Talks about hair loss at the end starting at around 2:43 (2 hrs 43 min)

Talks about Propecia at 2:48

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score

AoR

Reaction score
Will Arnett is the one celebrity I'm pretty positive is on finasteride...if you compare his hair from season 1 of Arrested Development to how it looks now you can totally tell. I don't suspect hair transplant because it seems like he gained back more density then anything else.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Spex consults with A-list Hollywood celebrities about hair transplants. He has to sign confidentiality clauses so he's sworn to secrecy, but it could easily be the likes of Cruise or Pitt

thiswomps

Reaction score
Not convinced by that. I don't think people who've never experienced any hair loss would even think to take a drug for it. Even celebrities care about their health too - and there's debate about whether finasteride makes it harder to be 'attractive' in other ways - body shape etc...

What do you mean "body shape"?

Your penis?