month 6 on minoxidil update

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Well it has just been 6months since I started minoxidil and the effect really is amazing. My situation has dramaticly changed especially during last two weeks.

Short recapitulation. I started to lose hair at 20. At 23 very noticable temples and bald spot in the crown. I have shaved my head and been shaved till I started minoxidil in june 03. I am 27 now.

Only once during this "shaved" era I tried to grow hair and it was horrible. Something between 4-5 on norwood scale.

My contemporary situation. I have hair all over my head!!! No matter what quality, no matter that the amount is not as high as I would wish (yet!!) but the hair is there!!!

The balding places above ears and in the back are fully filled with terminal hair. This area seems to react very well to minoxidil. On my temples and crown there are some new terminal hair and lot of vellus hair.

The situation has improved as much as I dont even have to wear a cap to hide my male pattern baldness!!!

Well yes, in some light angle there is still noticable the f*****g norwood 4 pattern but I hope the situation will improve more when the finasteride starts to work in few months.

I have just started to take 0,5mg of biotin a day. I have heard that this is enough to see some improvement on hair quality. Is that really enough???

Thanx for support to everyone on this site.

Ledvoush.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good work man! minoxidil has worked superbly for myself aswell. Very good value for money product, especially when one uses the generics.

The whole biotin trend is exactly that in my opinion. It's only a B vitamin and taking too much only means your gonna have bronze pee as your body will not absorb it all. 0.5mg/d is enough, at a push maybe 1mg, but 2.5mg/d is not going to be absorbed or any more useful than having an amount per day that means your not deficient. Grape seed extract & MSM are more useful imo.

chris21

Reaction score
Glad to hear you have had positive results on minoxidil. I just started using minoxidil with folligine one month ago. this will be my second attempt with minoxidil, the first time nothing happened after almost 8 months. i hope folligen will assit regrowth.

ESquare

Reaction score
Question

i am using propecia now for 2 years. i have a good amount of hair. i cut it short all the time and style it with American Crew Fiber (Like a molding clay). But my girlfriend made me buzz my hair.. not bad.. but the reason i am taking propecia is bc my frontal region is thinning as well as my temples.. propecia is doing me justice but my question is can i take ROGAINE with it as well.. i want to continue propecia but also add it with rogain.. do you guys recommend both @ the same time? if so what % 2 or 5. thanks for the feedback! :D

-E

Bismarck

Reaction score
propecia is doing me justice but my question is can i take ROGAINE with it as well.. i want to continue propecia but also add it with rogain.. do you guys recommend both @ the same time?

Yes you can. And you can expect better effects than with a single treatment. Many here do so because it's perhaps currently the best you can do against male pattern baldness.

ESquare

Reaction score
so by adding Rogaine to my Propecia regimen it should do some more justice.. but what do i start with ...which rogaine// reg strength or extra??

-E