minoxidil RECCOMENDATIONS PLEASE

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been on finasteride past 9 months and with spironolactone the last two of those months. Have lost at least 20% density, no signs of improvement. Have decided to throw minoxidil in the mix but I'm hoping to find a solution where I can apply it only once a day at night before bed. Is there something out there or are they all 2x a day? Thanks

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are really serious about regrowing some hair, you should stick with two times daily. I know it's a hassle, but your results, should you be a responder, will doubtless be much better. If you are very concerned with the morning application, try Dr. Lee's quick drying xandrox solution. You can buy it from minoxidil.com. It's a bit more expensive, but you could use it only in the mornings and use a generic brand or rogaine at night.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks. what does it do to your hair/scalp after application? I wear a buzz cut, will there be anyhting noticeable appearence/smell wise after an application?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
You've got the best haircut for it my friend. More gets on the scalp less on the hair.

Some people experience mild to severe irritation from minoxidil. I, myself, suffer no irritation whatsoever (like I have water on my head for a bit). It is slightly greasy, but no huge deal. Just make sure that after you wait the 3-4 hours, rinse or wash your scalp, because otherwise dry minoxidil makes your hair feel like straw.

Neutrogena T/sal is good for removing built up minoxidil residue and flakes as well.

Good luck, bud.