Minoxidil Question, Please Input Your Opinion

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you respond fairly well to it (like me) how long do you think it maintains above baseline? Does it go way above for two years and then return to baseline at year 5? That's what I have read but I would like input from you all. Thank you.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this old old study which said that at least after 5 years it is still good, although the peak is after only one year (...)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2180995/

Thirty-one men with androgenetic alopecia completed 4 1/2 to 5 years of therapy with 2% and 3% topical minoxidil. Hair regrowth with topical minoxidil tended to peak at 1 year with a slow decline in regrowth over subsequent years. However, at 4 1/2 to 5 years, maintenance of nonvellus hairs beyond that seen at baseline was still evident. Topical minoxidil appears to be effective in helping to maintain nonvellus hair growth in men with androgenetic alopecia.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
However, at 4 1/2 to 5 years, maintenance of nonvellus hairs beyond that seen at baseline was still evident.

Awesome!!

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this old old study which said that at least after 5 years it is still good, although the peak is after only one year (...)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2180995/

Thirty-one men with androgenetic alopecia completed 4 1/2 to 5 years of therapy with 2% and 3% topical minoxidil. Hair regrowth with topical minoxidil tended to peak at 1 year with a slow decline in regrowth over subsequent years. However, at 4 1/2 to 5 years, maintenance of nonvellus hairs beyond that seen at baseline was still evident. Topical minoxidil appears to be effective in helping to maintain nonvellus hair growth in men with androgenetic alopecia.

That's all I would need! New treatments should be out by 2021 lol and that's not even 5% minoxidil

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's all I would need! New treatments should be out by 2021 lol and that's not even 5% minoxidil

Yeah no kidding, I feel like we are just a few years away from having a really good solution. Maybe Brotzu's lotion, or Tsuji's, or JAK inhibitors, something is coming and soon.

Crossing my fingers here.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a shame we weren't born five years later, but at least we were born close enough to the cure that finasteride and min can bridge us long enough.

Last edited:

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a shame we weren't born choice years later, but at least we were born close enough to the cure that finasteride and min can bridge us long enough.

Yeah. I'm only 20, so hopefully this cure comes out when I'm 24-26