minoxidil on the front

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
i read everywhere that it does not work in the front
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE USE IT ON THE FRONT AND HOW HAS IT WORKED FOR YOU,,,,,,,IN HOW MANY MONTHS ETC ETC
PLEASE REPLY

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
Well...its been about 4 months or so...and I have these small hairs popping out on my temples, but I had the receded temples for a few years and I didnt think that was going to happen...so I was aiming to get the hair right above the temples...and so far it hasnt really done anything there.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am nearing 2 mo on 5% rogaine. My male pattern baldness is concentrated on my widows peak, and temples. I still haven't noticed any little hairs on my widows peak, where I want them the most. I want my hair to thicken back up in the middle. Temples are "bound to go", in my opinion, though I don't want them to, of course.

Anyway, noticed a lot of vellus hairs at my temples, and a few on my hairline. And I mean RIGHT where my old hairline used to be: no hairs whatsoever popping upt between where my old hairline used to me, and 1/4 cm back where my current hair line is. I don't understand this. =) But they are very small. Hopefully they'll grow longer and noticeable.

But again, widows peak (central front) is still thin, with no signs of new growth yet. But I have hope. Good luck.

coreman

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a similar question about Rogaine being used on the front. I've been using it on front and on my vertex now for about 2 weeks. I've noticed some shedding in the front area but figure this is normal due to the shedding from minoxidil use that is supposed to happen. Using Rogain on the front/temple region isn't going to cause me permanent hair loss right?

Why is it that it says on the Rogaine box that it will not work on the front of the scalp but that it's been shown to work on the vertex? I've noticed a lot of you guys here use it on the front of the scalp and temple area with results. What's the deal with this? Yes, I'm a noob.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Core, from what I've heard here, the reason it only states it works on the vertex in the box has something to do with how the trials were run. minoxidil does work on the front, I can attest to this. The oh-so-slight receeding I had (I'm a diffuser) is continuing to fill in. I saw numerous hairs gradually gain pigment. Nothing drastic, mind you, but regrowth rarely is.

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil, l-lysine and nizoral for the last seven weeks and I already have a "shadow" of hair on both of my temples where it was completely bald not too long ago. My doctor even said that, after examining them with a magnetic lens, that they look like terminal hairs and not vellous ones that should continue to grow and mature.

This happened after about five or six weeks. It does regrow hair on the temples and I can attest to that.

coreman

Reaction score
Thanks Flux and Monty. That's great news. I feel a lot more at mind now continuing to use it like I am. :)