minoxidil irritation and scabby flakes

Getting there

Reaction score
I've had great results with propecia and minoxidil, both of which I've been on for 11 months now. However the corners of my forehead (between the temples and crown- you know the two areas,) have been growing little hairs very slowly. Unfortunately I've always got a build up of gunk in those two spots and when I remove it using nizoral (3 times/week) the corners are left raw, red and tend to form light scabs. I always seem to get scabby flakes in those corners.

So I delay the minoxidil application until it's all settled down, and often not apply it to those areas at all that day. But the next time I do, the build up forms there again.

Have others here experienced this irritation when removing build up or learnt to avoid the build up caused my minoxidil? What can you recommend?

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Getting there said:
I've had great results with propecia and minoxidil, both of which I've been on for 11 months now. However the corners of my forehead (between the temples and crown- you know the two areas,) have been growing little hairs very slowly. Unfortunately I've always got a build up of gunk in those two spots and when I remove it using nizoral (3 times/week) the corners are left raw, red and tend to form light scabs. I always seem to get scabby flakes in those corners.

So I delay the minoxidil application until it's all settled down, and often not apply it to those areas at all that day. But the next time I do, the build up forms there again.

Have others here experienced this irritation when removing build up or learnt to avoid the build up caused my minoxidil? What can you recommend?
I have the same damn problem with scally flakes but I found a wicked cure for ir. I bought 'ReliOn' antifungal skin treatment lotion that is enriched with aloe ,vits, and allantoin then placed a small dab of it in the minoxidil! ReliOn is a sister product to nizoral but its a lotion. Works like a charm