Minoxidil How To Use And See Good Results

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I started using Minoxidil 5% back in July. In the beginning I was shedding so much & then someone on this forum said its a sign that Minoxidil is working. I used it like for 2 months. Tried daily then some days skipped and some days used it once. I did not see any results. then stop for 3 months.

I am using again. just wondering if I m using the right way? It say to use 1ml drop. so if I have two spots to drop that liquid, does that mean 2ml per spot. or just 1ml

Does anyone know what is the proper way to use this? I usually rub just little but and massage over where I want to see results.

I am shedding again and its iches at night time too.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi :)
You will do fine with your minoxidil if you:
Use a total of 1ml every morning and 1ml every evening on a dry scalp
give it a 1 minute rubbing in the areas where you are bald (i am a Norwood 6 and 1ml is enough for me so no need to use more)
dont shower or wash your hair within the first 4 hours after you added your dose.

Use it every morning and evening, dont skip days and stick with it for a minimum of 6 months, results take time and dont expect to see hair growing for the first 3-4 months.

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for much for your reply.
Someone told me on this forum not to rub that’s why I needed to know what is the actual process to use minoxidil

I don’t know what Norwood I’m. But think 3 or 4 attached is photo.

Attached is one side

I get scared when I see more & more hair shed after using minoxidil and ictching

Attachments

• 118E7A2B-8F9B-454B-A706-E608AA3C81D4.jpeg
    118E7A2B-8F9B-454B-A706-E608AA3C81D4.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 278

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
you do lose hair, and yes you need to get on medication now to get the biggest possible chance to reverse and regain your lost hair.

minoxidil helps a lot but be patient, i would add finasteride to your regime (i use topical but the most common is tablets) the combination of the two is really making a difference.

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for helping. I’m new, is finasteride the medication you are referring that I should take orally? I feel I can do better job my taking medication orally then putting something on my head. Which is time consuming

Whatever is best, I’m willing to do

Stech

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I use finasteride in 1ml when I'm going to work or will it make your hair look oily and greasy

I use minoxidil and leave to work like in 10 mins and 30 mins drive. It doesn’t look that bad. I usually comb that hide the wet area.

My understanding is finateride is a medicine taken via mouth??

https://www.nps.org.au/medical-info/medicine-finder/finasteride-1mg-tablets

read up on it, personally it works great for me in combination with minoxidil

Do I drop minoxidil on hair or on the bald area?

I will read the article later on

Thanks!!

ThrowawayForMeHelp3003

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil and leave to work like in 10 mins and 30 mins drive. It doesn’t look that bad. I usually comb that hide the wet area.

My understanding is finateride is a medicine taken via mouth??

Do I drop minoxidil on hair or on the bald area?

I will read the article later on

Thanks!!

I meant minoxidil how wet and greasy does it look throughout the day Sorry