minoxidil HELP PLEASE

crownthinner

Reaction score
HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT UNTILL I MAKE A DECISION THAT minoxidil IS WORKING FOR ME. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME PERSONAL EXPERIENCES. IS IT TRUE TO GET OFF IF YOU SHOW NO RESULTS AFTER 4 MONTHS?

Reaction score
depends on the person really....

3-6 months is average?

Took a friend of mine 9+ months to notice anything, but he was pretty darn close to having nothing!

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you the same guy who used caps in another post? DON'T USE CAPS ITS NOT POLITE TO SHOUT WHEN YOU WANT HELP!! :p

I think in general people are advised to wait up to a year before they should decided whether the treatment is for them, as in some cases it can take 12 months (or even a bit longer) to achieve any noticable results.
If after a year you have seen nothing at all then its time to start rethinking your treatments

Stingray

Reaction score
Why the f*** do people think that typing in all caps will make us more interested in what they have to say. Every time I see some a**h** type in all caps I just stop reading after the first word. If you are too lazy or stupid to write a coherant and visually appealing post, then don't even f*****g bother.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
crownthinner, please read the FAQ on the main part of this discussion forum. Please also read the website. This information is all over the place already. Wait a minimum of 6 months before you decide minoxidil is or is not working for you, and make sure you take baseline photos so that your brain does not play tricks on you, and tell you that you've lost "50 or 60% of your hair in 6 months".

HairLossTalk.com

The Gardener

Reaction score
crownthinner said:
IS IT TRUE TO GET OFF IF YOU SHOW NO RESULTS AFTER 4 MONTHS?

Unfortunately, masturbation has no positive effect on hairloss.

As far as the Minoxidil goes, you should wait 4-6 months to see if the minoxidil is causing ANY kind of positive changes, such as thickening of some existing hairs or maybe some new hairs starting to sprout in previously bald areas. As for concrete "results", that is, cosmetically noticeable improvement to your hairline, give it at least a year.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
crownthinner said:
IS IT TRUE TO GET OFF IF YOU SHOW NO RESULTS AFTER 4 MONTHS?

Unfortunately, masturbation has no positive effect on hairloss.
lol! Still it might make you feel better. And if its actual sex, then for a while you probably wont care about hairloss at all!

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
Brutal...note to self... "Do not use caps in HairlossTalk discussion forum" :freaked: