Minoxidil foam or liquid ? Hard to decide

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently spending too much time on this forum and I can’t figure out what’s is the difference between those two
And what minoxidil should I buy ?

is the shedding that important ?

Last edited:

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found the liquid to be much easier to apply. The liquid goes directly on your scalp while the foam gets in your hair.

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your advice , what about the composition ? is there some compound that i should be aware of ?

i intend to use it along side zix and treitoin will it prevent a bit of shedding ?

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
i went foam first time and just bought foam again

I heard the consistency of the liquid version leaves your hair much more greasy, because it is propyleneglycol-based. The foam absorbs pretty rapidly which I would prefer

Also the liquid version, some people are allergic to propyleneglycol on the scalp, for this reason I would recommend going with the foam there are less likely to be any reactions. Also cheaper in the UK, and the exact same % of minoxidil

If you have longer hair, maybe the liquid is better as it might be difficult to get the foam into your scalp where is I imagine the liquid would be easier

These are all the things I googled and found today actually so I thought I would share them :)

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so actually i am searching for a good brand of foam (even if i have long hairi cant have oily hair in the morning)
So i wanted to know if anyone mix retin acid with foam

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The liquid, although most say it is easier to apply, contains PG which is terrible for a lot of people's scalps. It stuck to my scalp and would take several days of shampooing just to get the flakes off. The foam was just as easy to apply, and does not contain the nasty PG, so that's what I'd recommend. If you have a hard time applying it, some people have recommended to warm up the foam into a liquid before applying it, but I never needed to.

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I va made my research and heard about trichosol
Trichofoam and espupil are they a better véhicule for minoxidil ?

Last edited: