minoxidil f*****g questions!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, i have one question about minoxidil also. we need to use twice a day to see best results. my questions is.

1. if you use it twice a day, do you wash your hair twice a day? i am saying this becouse i use gel in my hair and in the second application my hair will be with gel. i need to wash isnt it?

2. two wash a day can it make bad thing to your hair? isnt it two many washes?

3. can i expect to recover all the hair i have lost using minoxidil? i still have amount of hair.

4. how many years will it work? i am asking this becouse i am in propecia since 2 years ago and it stopped working from me i am very disapointed becouse i see f****ing graphs about propecia saying that it work by 5 years....

5. question about propecia, is it possible that my system have be used to this and it stoped working? if i stop it for a while, and than beggin again, can it beggin to wok again?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You wont have to wash your hair twice a day, just try not to get gel all over your scalp.

markbrady42

Reaction score
I've a similar question, one I asked elsewhere and got no response. If minoxidil is best absorbed after a wash and shampoo, and the recommended dosage is twice daily, doesn't that mean you should wash and shampoo your hair twice a day?

I tend to wash twice daily, especially as my hair generally looks so awful, but better post-washing. I also swim in the day sometimes and wash my hair with shampoo after (which means that if I go out later on, I wash my hair three times some days).

Is this too much? I guess the big question is: will this make me lose more hair?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
markbrady42 said:
I've a similar question, one I asked elsewhere and got no response. If minoxidil is best absorbed after a wash and shampoo, and the recommended dosage is twice daily, doesn't that mean you should wash and shampoo your hair twice a day?

I tend to wash twice daily, especially as my hair generally looks so awful, but better post-washing. I also swim in the day sometimes and wash my hair with shampoo after (which means that if I go out later on, I wash my hair three times some days).

Is this too much? I guess the big question is: will this make me lose more hair?

mark, this will not neccessarily make you loose more hair by washing twice per day. minoxidil is often better absorbed on a damp scalp, such as after a shower, but this is not neccessary to achieve results. Some report side effects from over absorbtion by doing this and it is not imperative for success. I suggest using a gentle cleansing shampoo if you doing it twice per day, as it has been debated that stronger shampoos with high levels of SLS can be bad for the scalp by possibly causing irritation, but its not an exact science.

So anyways, keep up with your daily regimen of two applications, and allow it to stay on your scalp 4 hours before washing off.