minoxidil dr lees or others thx

SadSad

Established Member
Reaction score
alright i heard a good place to get it is dr lees web site. When i go there i see like 100 things he sells which one should i buy? im on propecia now just trying to add this in plus maybe some T-Gel shampoo.

MINOXIDIL with RETINOIC ACID

and what is that? i havent heard or seen that on the forums thx alot guys.

i been on propecia 3 months now havent noticed anything im gona start taking pictures of it hopefully adding rogain will make a difference. One thing is my hair is still very frizzy which i dont like nothing seems to help that at all.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
The good thing about DR.Lee's minoxidil is that it dries fast, and for dudes like me it also causes lots less flakes and itch than rogaine/generic minoxidil solutions. The reason is he uses a lower % of propylene glycol, 30% instead of the usual 50%PG.

Many can tolerate rogaine /generic just fine though, and you can get it a good bit cheaper off the ebay.

The cons about Lee's minoxidil is that it costs more, $50 for 3 65ml bottles (the 3-pack of Lee's regular minoxidil is #503 on the order page) compared to around $30 for a 4 month supply of generic (240mls). Also with Lee, US citizens must first email them and request a consultation form. Fill it out, fax/send it back and you'll get an email notification that you can order. THere is a $20 fee for the consultation added to your first order. Non US residents don't need to deal with that jive.

Retin-a is a skin peel kinda deal that -supposedly- can help with absorbtion. Pretty questionable if it actually helps any and I read that Lee doesn't recommend its use anymore.

Cassin

Reaction score
NilesTilden said:
The good thing about DR.Lee's minoxidil is that it dries fast, and for dudes like me it also causes lots less flakes and itch than rogaine/generic minoxidil solutions. The reason is he uses a lower % of propylene glycol, 30% instead of the usual 50%PG.

Many can tolerate rogaine /generic just fine though, and you can get it a good bit cheaper off the ebay.

The cons about Lee's minoxidil is that it costs more, $50 for 3 65ml bottles (the 3-pack of Lee's regular minoxidil is #503 on the order page) compared to around $30 for a 4 month supply of generic (240mls). Also with Lee, US citizens must first email them and request a consultation form. Fill it out, fax/send it back and you'll get an email notification that you can order. THere is a $20 fee for the consultation added to your first order. Non US residents don't need to deal with that jive.

Retin-a is a skin peel kinda deal that -supposedly- can help with absorbtion. Pretty questionable if it actually helps any and I read that Lee doesn't recommend its use anymore.

All to true NilesTilden, but you hear about his stuff enough and your realize you must try one of his products at least once right? I put in my first order Friday. We'll see how his stuff works.

Oh and SadSad, I wouldn't consider Dr Lees versions of minoxidil so much generic as simply a different version of minoxidil.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah, I actually ordered a bottle of the minoxidil w/ RA with my last order a few weeks ago. I'm just using it on the hairline with a dabber bottle, so it should last almost forever. I gots swell minoxidil results, but at 15 month of use my results have probably peaked. Gonna see if the RA might add a lil more on the hairline.

Here's what Lee said to a poster on another site re: retin-a -

"As for the use of retinoic acid in the treatment of male pattern baldness, I'm losing confidence in its benefits. I don't routinely recommend its use anymore. We have had more than 15 years of experience with the addition of retinoic acid to minoxidil solutions. When topical minoxidil was only available as a 2% solution (Rogaine), it was important to combine the actions of retinoic acid to the minoxidil solution to ensure improved absorption. Now that 5% and higher concentrations of minoxidil are available, the addition of retinoic acid is of questionable benefit. In fact, the undesirable side effects of retinoic acid use (dryness, redness, flaking, increased sensitivity to sun damage, etc.) may not counterbalance its 'benefits'."