Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stop using because of no results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just about to start using this and wanted to know what others experience was.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Retin-A is an acne medication. It has the added benefit of regrowing small amounts of hair. Coupled with a minoxidil solution, Retin-A will help increase the absorbtion of minoxidil.

Retin-A is a strong chemical peel.

When using a Retin-A/Minoxidil solution, you should use it sparingly... perhaps 1 or 2 applications weekly. Then work yourself up from there.

Copper peptides are a good idea with Retin-A/minoxidil solutions.

mutabor

Reaction score
I use dr.lees xandrox with retin for 1 minth now (4 month since started minoxidil). I think i get better regroth with it (or it could be just minoxidil). It does make my head itchy a little after application. I use it once a day. I noticed faster hair growth after i started apply retin xandrox. It could be just a coincedence.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i will suggest start with applying min on wet scalp if you want to increase the effect of it...

if that does not work, then you try Retin A... Retin A is one of the treatment that have the highest chance of getting side effect... so becareful with it...

G

Private Ryan said:
i will suggest start with applying min on wet scalp if you want to increase the effect of it...

if that does not work, then you try Retin A... Retin A is one of the treatment that have the highest chance of getting side effect... so becareful with it...

Are you taking ORAL spironolactone????????????

Are you crazy????????????

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
once or twice a day?

I just bought minoxidil with Retin-A and didnt realise at the time your supposed to apply this only on a night time and normal minoxidil on a morning. I've applied it twice a day for a few days before realising. If I continue doing this could it damage my scalp? Or is it just to avoid side effects like itching etc?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr.Lee said it should only be used once per day cause it could damage the scalp. He told me that anyways. Ive noticed an improvement since switching from Xandrox 5, to Xandrox 5 with Retin-A. I also started Spin Trap C at the same time, but i def think the added retin-a is helping. It also helps the abosrption of all the other topicals you use aswell. I use it once per day with no problems.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Private Ryan said:

What are the side effects of Retin A?? Wouldn't it be the same as applying Retin A to your face for Acne?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
What are the side effects of Retin A?? Wouldn't it be the same as applying Retin A to your face for Acne?

Quite simply, it can chemically burn your skin like an acid - because it is an acid.

I can almost guarantee that you'll have dandruff at first, but your scalp does become accustomed to the medicine over time. I've found it a useful adjunct to minoxidil at a 2X/week application.

It's very important that you don't overdo it. Doing so can result in a scaley sluffy mess and a scalp that looks like it was held under a heat lamp all day. In some cases you can even develop small wounds...so use sparingly and with your doctor's advice/supervision.