Minoxidil And Its Effects On Pre-use Shedding

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been using minoxidil for a while now. Before using I was shedding quite alot. I hit the minoxidil shed (increased from normal amount) within about a month and it lasted a few months. At about the same time as starting minoxidil I also added in my 'Alternative DHT treatments' (mainly bee venom, miconazole at hairline and internal sulforaphane). My shedding has now almost completely stopped. Im losing maybe about 10-20hairs in shower now and when I run my hands through my hair I get nothing coming out. So im just trying to attribute what is actually causing the stop in shedding. What are your experiences with this... Does minoxidil actually stop the normal shedding for a while (when it starts working) or do you think this would be due to the other DHT treatments im using? My question is mainly for people using ONLY minoxidil without any DHT treatments. Im just trying to work out if the other things im using are the reason for this. I dont want to drop any of it to find out but am interested in other peoples experiences. Thanks.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For one, if you are a responder with Minoxidil it will keep your follicles in the anagen phase longer which would result in a decrease in shedding. Two, your treatment wouldn't put a dent on your DHT levels.
I do disagree about the treatments not effecting DHT, simply because 2 of which have studies to show otherwise. I guess time will tell though. . And also my hairloss isnt aggressive. But of course I cant attribute it to strictly to them so hence im curious about other people strictly using Minoxidil. But thanks for the input.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Studies meh, get a DHT test you'll most likely be disappointed. It sound as if you are a responder to the Minoxidil. May I ask why you aren't just taking Finasteride or Dutasteride?
Because im not stupid lol. Playing with hormones internally is playing with fire. All to their own really.