minoxidil and hailrline

G

hey there.. iom in week 5 with minoxidil and my hairline is worse than ever... so thin and my temples has receeded more... damn... is this really a goos sign? that i'm shedding from it?

it's hard to believe..

G

should i quit the minow before its to late and just carry on with nizoral and propecia?

G

ok hawk, thanks for the reply, thats what i'll do, stick with the minoxidil... i read earlier that the minoxidil is working for you? is that true?

and did you also experience a shed/ worsening of the hairline?

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
im using minoxidil just behind my hairline, and on my actual hairline on the left side, i to now notice considerable thinning, does it not work well on the hairline? i know the thinning is part of the process but does it even work on the hairline?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick with it. The shed is to be expected, although it can be quite scary. I've definitely had results with it. Slight advancement of hairline, but overall thicker hair at the front. This after roughly 12 weeks.

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
For me i QUIT after 6 weeks of going horrendously thin at the entire front... that was 2 weeks ago.. the shedding has stopped and i feel great again... that 6 weeks was hell, especially having to look, analyse and apply it twice a day. It caused me a hell of a lot more grief than simply not using it at all. So im putting my faith in those shed hairs growing back anyway... i'll give it three months and take it from there...

For now im sticking with Zinc, Proscar, nizoral and about to start Multivitamins with a new healthy diet... i feel good again already. But its up to you... shedding fu%$&ng sucks.

VWdude

Reaction score
Melbs said:
For me i QUIT after 6 weeks of going horrendously thin at the entire front... that was 2 weeks ago.. the shedding has stopped and i feel great again... that 6 weeks was hell, especially having to look, analyse and apply it twice a day. It caused me a hell of a lot more grief than simply not using it at all. So im putting my faith in those shed hairs growing back anyway... i'll give it three months and take it from there...

For now im sticking with Zinc, Proscar, nizoral and about to start Multivitamins with a new healthy diet... i feel good again already. But its up to you... shedding fu%$&ng sucks.

I thought you liked balding.

G

Melbs said:

hmm.. but as well as i know, the shedding is normal in the first 4-8 weeks, then why did'nt you just give it a couple of more weeks and THEN you could stop if it didn't work...? a bit silly starting something and then end it before you know if it was working or not.. you never gave it a chance!

well i think the conclusion must be, that im sticking with it and will see what happens... and then later on , if it's SOOO much trouble putting it on 2 times a day, i can lower it to only once a day before nighttime.. thats NOT a problem for anyone , if that can make you keep your hair..

but of course i'll go with 2 times a day the first year and see what happens..