minoxidil and dermaroller temples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Reaction score
I've posted this before..from an acne board:

Though your roller technically arrives sterilized, you really ought to rinse it with a anti-bacterial/sterilization solution before you roll your face for the first time, and especially AFTER each rolling session (rather than using water alone). As a general practice, I recommend a 20 minute soak in Hydrogen Peroxide followed by a good rinse under hot running water for a fast and cost-effective method of cleaning your roller before your first roll (then repeat this again after you've finished).

For those who are prepping their faces with topicals (actives and/or serums) BEFORE or DURING a rolling session, another effective method of sterilizing your roller from the debris that will collect on the needles is to use *Denture Tablets*. Denture tablets are not only anti-bacterial agents, they are enzyme cleansers which means they can break down skincare serums & creams as well as fatty deposits that attach to the needles from your skin cells. Simply add one tablet to a half cup of warm water and soak the roller head for 20-30 minutes, then rinse well under running water before air drying. http://www.dermroller.com/mts-protocols.html

A soft toothbrush is also very useful for gently removing any remaining debris on the needles, however, this may not be necessary at all after a good soak with a denture tablet.

Denture tablets are not only very effective, they are also much cheaper compared to other enzyme cleansers being sold specifically for dermarollers. Here is a product that initially caught my eye before I discovered that denture tablets will do the exact same thing - http://www.oniskai.com/shop/product_info.php?p ... 96f7928c4a

DoubleL14

Reaction score
The easiest way to disincfect dermaroller is to wipe it with alcohol wipes and air dry it before storage. Alternatively, rinse the roller thoroughly under running hot water and dip it in a bowl/container of 70% alchohol. Always air dry or blot off any liquid/residue before storage. I tried not to use hydrogen peroxide on roller as it might react and corrode the needles.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
germandude said:
hey,
short intro:im 31 years old and try to regrow some hair in the temples area.until now i was able to stop the hairloss using finasteride 1mg for 2 years.However,there wasnt any hair growing back,which was ok for me,since i didnt expect anything else..
now im tryin to gain some hair back tho combining minoxidil with a dermaroller-
doing this for 6 weeks now and the results are rather great..already gained abt. an inch of normal,pigmented hair back.
i have lots of fluffy,non-pigmented hair,too in the edge-region and was wondering,if there is any possibility of it growing back to normal,pigmented hair at some point?
anyone with experience on that much appreciated.

What a dermaroller do you use? I mean length? The speed of growth is really surprising. I would suppose that the hair needs 2-3 months to spring out. Basically, since the effect of minoxidil is dose-related, the advice is simple: Use a stroger minoxidil version.

I also tried the dermaroller on my acne scars, after the recommendation of my doctor. I went through this procedure twice and it was quite painful. But my face is now nicely smooth. Some deep scars were more difficult to get rid of, however, and hence I constructed my own "pin-roller" (actually a "multi-pin-needle") from pins and a piece of cork. :) I pricked the scars for a while until I saw small drops of blood. To my big pleasure, the scars virtually disappeared after the wounds healed.

I also started to use it in my temples before the application of 15% minoxidil, but I am not sure, how frequently I should do it. Someone in the internet recommends using the dermaroller almost every day, but I think that this concerns some small needles. The wounds are bleeding quite a lot, and my temples stay red. I have no idea, how deep the pins penetrate, but it may be about 0.5-1 mm.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
i get mine next week. also ordered the zgts 0.5mm, however, wouldn't it make more sense to roll BEFORE applying the minoxidil? then the minoxidil will absorb better.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I roll before I apply anything. I think that is what the benefit of using it is.

Jacob

Reaction score
I do it before and after. Got things covered either way. Some say doing it first- the holes close up..or start to... by the time you get the topical on. I thought I read at one time that it depending up what you were using as well..if it were liposomal or not. If it's an alcohol based topical that evaporates quick..or not. I don't even care :woot: ..just going to keep doing it twice.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
what size needles you using jacob?
are you doing it everytime or limiting it to a few times a week?
also, do you think the size you're using is safe to use on sensitive parts of the face like the eye contour area?

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
germandude said:
hey,
short intro:im 31 years old and try to regrow some hair in the temples area.until now i was able to stop the hairloss using finasteride 1mg for 2 years.However,there wasnt any hair growing back,which was ok for me,since i didnt expect anything else..
now im tryin to gain some hair back tho combining minoxidil with a dermaroller-
doing this for 6 weeks now and the results are rather great..already gained abt. an inch of normal,pigmented hair back.
i have lots of fluffy,non-pigmented hair,too in the edge-region and was wondering,if there is any possibility of it growing back to normal,pigmented hair at some point?
anyone with experience on that much appreciated.

I asked: What a dermaroller do you use? Length? That's a very important thing. I understand that you wanted to share your happiness with us, but without this information, your post is largely worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.