Minoxidil - 2% one application per day

ITR000

Reaction score
I have started using minoxidil once a day with of course a regimen of Nizoral (2%) The minoxidil that I am using is (2%) since here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, I cannot get the 5% version without a prescription.

I am wondering if I will run into any issues with only using on application per day. I have been using the product for 3 weeks to the day and I have not noticed anything at all. I must mention my thinning problem is not very bad, however, I thought I would preemptively strike. The Nizoral I am using is the 2% version since I cannot find the 5% anywhere. (I use the shampoo twice a week)

Is there anything else that I can be introducing into the regimen that will complement the minoxidil?

Thanks in advance.
:)

ITR000

Reaction score
ITR000 said:
I have started using minoxidil once a day with of course a regimen of Nizoral (2%) The minoxidil that I am using is (2%) since here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, I cannot get the 5% version without a prescription.

I am wondering if I will run into any issues with only using on application per day. I have been using the product for 3 weeks to the day and I have not noticed anything at all. I must mention my thinning problem is not very bad, however, I thought I would preemptively strike. The Nizoral I am using is the 2% version since I cannot find the 5% anywhere. (I use the shampoo twice a week)

Is there anything else that I can be introducing into the regimen that will complement the minoxidil?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Anyone? :freaked:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
get on 5% regaine,get it off the net,2% twice a day is slow enough with 2 applications a day,either get on 5% twice a day or up to twoce with the 2%

there is no 5% nizoral,only 1% and 2%

get on propecia to keep what ya have,regaine and nizoral will NOT stop your hair falling out.........

hope this helps

:hairy:

eskimo23

Reaction score
My hair line is not in that bad of shape, but definitly receeding. I may have noticed it a year ago but I only excepted it over the summer. anyways, I started with the 2% and it worked great. I switched to 5% because I could get a 3-month supply so i figured why the hell not. Now I have been on it for 3 months and im experiencing worse thinning and receeding then ever. Its not terrible and sometimes it looks fine, but I can tell and I was thinking about going back to the 2%. What I gathered from reading is that if the 2% works than ride it out for as long as you can. I dont know if its too late for me, but I would stick with what works. I also bought revivogen but the dog ate one bottle and I was never sure if I should apply the two treatments at the same time.

thiningattop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey ITR000,

IM from Toronto too. I had to get my minoxidil from Ebay though .. cause i use the 5%.

Anyways, give it time, im two and a half months into treatment, and now i see quite a few (too many to count) vellus hairs growing all over my head. I have no clue how long they will take to turn terminal (can anyone give me a rough time-frame???) ... but when they do, they should fill in my sculp quit nice.

Ohh .. and i started out using it once a day too (at nights only cause i didnt want to go to school with wet looking hair). But since i noticed these vellus hairs two weeks ago, i started applying the minoxidil twice day (once right when i get home from school, and then again right before i go to bed - usually a 7 to 8 hour difference). Hopefully that might speed things up.

Anyway, moral of the story, .... Once a day may work for you, just stick with it.