minor regrowth - avodart?

dang

Reaction score
i have just a slight amount of thinning on one side of my hairline and would like to take something strong enough to get me back to full strength (so to speak). i'm already taking melancor for scattered gray, and even though i have faith in their product i'd rather take it in conjunction with a proven DHT-blocker for the regrowth.

i have a few questions:

-would avodart or a generic equivalent be overkill to accomplish this? i'm extremely, and i mean EXTREMELY self-conscious and concerned with my looks. i'll do what it takes.

-will there be costly side effects? actually, i should probably rephrase that - will there be shedding associated with avodart in areas that aren't of concern? i would hate to lose existing hair, if you know what i mean ...

let me stress that my hair loss is relatively mild, but i'm hoping to be able to get everything back. your help is appreciated.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I would suggest you begin with propecia as it will also help with the DHT.
Avodart is not FDA approved so hence i would suggest propecia for at least 12 month and see how things go. Then if your not satify you may want to switch to avodart.
About the shedding everyone responds differently, but to be safe i would expect a shed or two.
Goodluck and keep us updated