Minimum treatment required for new hair growth

Jayxx12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am new to this forum and was looking for treatment for my male pattern baldness. I am overwhelmed by the amount of treatment and options available and got confused. It would be great if anyone can tell what is the bare minimum treatment i need to begin with. Topical cream is better option for me i guess.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am new to this forum and was looking for treatment for my male pattern baldness. I am overwhelmed by the amount of treatment and options available and got confused. It would be great if anyone can tell what is the bare minimum treatment i need to begin with. Topical cream is better option for me i guess.
Depends on your Norwood and desired results. Some people happy to stop progression, some want regrowth. Some treatments work outstandingly well for some people. Some don’t. There’s far to many variables at play for a single answer. If you are a very early Norwood perhaps keto shampoo and add finasteride if you feel it’s needed.

Jayxx12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on your Norwood and desired results. Some people happy to stop progression, some want regrowth. Some treatments work outstandingly well for some people. Some don’t. There’s far to many variables at play for a single answer. If you are a very early Norwood perhaps keto shampoo and add finasteride if you feel it’s needed.
Thanks. I was thinking to do hair transplant eventually but wanted try minoxidil or finasteride before doing transplant. So, I based on ur suggestion, I will try keto shampoo+ topical minoxidil and finasteride right?

Jayxx12

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your current hair is decent I would just use finasteride for a year before using minoxidil. If you want you can use it topically, it works and has better side effect profile. Keto shampoo can't hurt.
Thanks. Sure i will first use topical finasteride and see if it makes any difference. Actually i have male pattern baldness which is quite significant. So i want to stop further hairloss and also grow hair.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad is your hair out of interest man i just started finasteride too

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is to consider lowering your expectations. The vast majority of people who respond to treatment do not regrow hair, but they do hold on to what they have. It’s best to keep your expectations grounded at preserving the status quo so you won’t be disappointed or go down the rabbit hole of thinking the lack of regrowth means it isn’t working.

Last edited:

Jayxx12

My Regimen
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is to consider lowering your expectations. The vast majority of people who respond to treatment do not regrow hair, but they do hold on to what they have. It’s best to keep your expectations grounded at preserving the status quo so you won’t be disappointed or go down the rabbit hole of thinking the lack of regrowth means it isn’t working.
Thanks. I was actually thinking that it will regrow bcas mine was caused because of the use of testosterone(used for short duration of 4 months). Now that i have stopped i was expecting it will regrow but even if it do not grow, i am thinking to do hair transplant in another 8-9 months. I am just trying medication to see if it really works.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I was actually thinking that it will regrow bcas mine was caused because of the use of testosterone(used for short duration of 4 months). Now that i have stopped i was expecting it will regrow but even if it do not grow, i am thinking to do hair transplant in another 8-9 months. I am just trying medication to see if it really works.
You should wait at least 12 months on treatments before having a surgery. There is no point to transplant area that can still have regrowth in 12-18 months time just on meds.

Jayxx12

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should wait at least 12 months on treatments before having a surgery. There is no point to transplant area that can still have regrowth in 12-18 months time just on meds.
Make sense. Sure i will wait for 12 months. I guess i will come to know by 12 months that these medication will work or not. If it works then i will delay my transplant further.