Min was working well, now its not at all (first six months)

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
If it "worked" so well then why is the majority of men in this day and age 21 years after Propecia was released still experiencing more hairloss than previous generations. If these 4 drugs you mentioned were so effective, why is it that almost everywhere you look both in your community, or on TV, you see men with bad hairloss. It has not reduced the rate of hairloss for as many people as we are falsely lead to believe, the numbers don't add up.

Also, many people find anti-androgens too harsh and cause side effects.

It's not complicated, it's the truth, hairloss is not a simple problem.
- Finasteride works and there is less hair loss than previous generations. Stars on TV and movies in their 40s and beyond have impeccable hair.
- If finasteride doesn't work, then take it in combination with minoxidil, loniten, or up it to dutasteride.
- You have no proof that anything else works better than or as a standalone substitute to the four mentioned. If you can't take anti 5ar then just shave your head.

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- Finasteride works and there is less hair loss than previous generations. Stars on TV and movies in their 40s and beyond have impeccable hair.
- If finasteride doesn't work, then take it in combination with minoxidil, loniten, or up it to dutasteride.
- You have no proof that anything else works better than or as a standalone substitute to the four mentioned. If you can't take anti 5ar then just shave your head.
I have proof: My uncle used apple cider vinegar every day and he's got a thick head of hair....haha

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely agree with your first paragraph.

People want simple answers and it's not so simple, and often people pay the price down the line for wanting a simple answer.

Regarding your medication, it's especially for these reasons why natural approaches are something you should always try for. Often times people incorrectly overlook the natural stuff because of the strong marketing hand of Big Pharma which will try to make anything that isn't Pharmaceutical, a waste of time. Is a business, so you can expect them to play dirty.

There's been many times where major Pharmaceutical companies have been sued for wrong doing and harmful side effects, etc.

Regarding fixing up your diet, as the bare minimum you should look to atleast cut out all sugars, and also look out for fruits which also have lots of sugar in them. Just because it's a fruit, doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy.

Sugar increases DHT, so you want to make sure you cut that out completely ASAP.

Cut out all processed foods, gluten and anything made with flour or wheat like breads, pastas, pastries, etc, and dairy. Most often people with Androgenetic Alopecia suffer from allergies to these (which typically aren't very noticeable, but affect the hair follicles greatly because they increase inflammation on the scalp and the hair follicles miniaturize and die).

I know you might be thinking that's like cutting out everything, but that's not the case.

Think about it like this, Male Patterned Balding is actually a way of your body telling you it's designed to be like a high performance car, but you're giving it the cheapest fuel. It's a way of your body saying you were designed to operate at a higher level, which is actually super beneficial to you because if you think about it, most pro-athletes do this and they have the best health. It also helps to slow down aging caused by GMO and processed foods.

You will notice a big difference in your energy levels and mood once you fix your diet like this. It also will help you look way more lean, which is only a benefit.

Watch this short video, it explains clearly all the things you need to do.

*NOTE: Ignore the part about the Growband product, you don't need it. *

Next you want to look at fixing Fibrosis and Calcification which basically suffocate the hair follicles and cause it to minituarize, thin and die.

The best way to do this is reducing the calcium in your diet which is typically found on dairy products, hence it's important to stop dairy + Microneedling once a week (which will also help absortion of Minoxidil to boost its effectiveness). Then you want to make sure you're taking a supplement which contains Vitamin K2 and Magnesium because they help to reverse calcification.

There's quite a few highly important vitamins and minerals that you need to take as the basis of any hair loss regimen, also because with stress, trauma, fatigue, depression, etc, many important vitamins and minerals get depleted and it caused a worse effect on your body and hair.

Good news is you can pretty much get all the main vitamins and minerals from 1 capsule from HairGuard and 1 capsule from Dr Berg.

HairGuard supplement:

I also like their "Hairbiotics" (pro-biotic) supplement, which helps create good bacteria that helps hair. Often if you don't have enough, your body can't absorb the nutrients you're giving it.

But if you want a much better deal, check out their "Ultimate Bundle" , it's like $99 if you subscribe for the bundle which comes with a bunch of stuff, including the Hair Supplement + Hairbiotics + lots of other stuff including a really good natural Topical + other stuff.

I've cross checked all the different hairloss supplements on the market and this is the most comprehensive as well as the best dosages per vitamin or mineral + their all natural with no potential side effects.

Then this Dr Berg supplement will be really important for getting Your Vitamin D3, and has a some important trace minerals, but if it's too expensive, then simply find another cheaper source to get your Vitamin D3. Main reason I like his supplement is the high dose of Vitamin D3 which is 10 000 IU's as well as its packed with Vitamin K2, B6 and B2 which is very important for hair growth PLUS they come from natural sources and aren't from synthetic sources made in a lab, so they have a much higher bio-availability and therefore much better absorbtion than most supplements out there.

Read the ingredients in the link to see for yourself.

Also, calcification can be caused by hard shower water, if you want, it's a good idea to invest in a filtered shower head, their not expensive:

Reducing scalp tension is also super important as a tight scalp means bad news for hair. Scalp massages and Microneedling really help with this.

Basically if you do those things, for atleast 6 months, I'm pretty sure you should see much better results than you currently are as it's a far more wholistic approach - of course with the addition of regular exercise.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I didn't say Finasteride or Dutasteride doesn't work at all, I know it works for some people, I implied it doesn't work anywhere near as the claims are from Big Pharma funded studies.

The reason you're seeing some celebrities with good hair is:

1) Hair Transplants exist
2) Hair Systems exist

I do have proof that everything I mentioned works for hair. There have been studies for it, of course not as many studies have been done like Big Pharma drugs because Big Pharma simply has the money to fund studies and clinical trials. Often times falsely inflating efficacy, and safety.

You won't get people funding many studies on natural alternatives because there is no financial benefit.

And LOL at thinking people should just shave their head if their not on anti-androgens. There's been many people who had a lot better results going the natural way than with anti-androgens.

Even these famous hair surgeons from Australia talk about how much Topical Caffeine can have combined but safer effects of both Minoxidil and Finasteride:

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't say Finasteride or Dutasteride doesn't work at all, I know it works for some people, I implied it doesn't work anywhere near as the claims are from Big Pharma funded studies.

2) Hair Systems exist

I do have proof that everything I mentioned works for hair. There have been studies for it, of course not as many studies have been done like Big Pharma drugs because Big Pharma simply has the money to fund studies and clinical trials. Often times falsely inflating efficacy, and safety.

You won't get people funding many studies on natural alternatives because there is no financial benefit.

And LOL at thinking people should just shave their head if their not on anti-androgens. There's been many people who had a lot better results going the natural way than with anti-androgens.

Even these famous hair surgeons from Australia talk about how much Topical Caffeine can have combined but safer effects of both Minoxidil and Finasteride:

You are delusional and I am an idiot for arguing with you

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

2) Hair Systems exist

I truly appreciate your thorough response. People want a quick fix. A pill...of course I'm taking the pill too BUT not just the pill

I've started to microneedling. Immediately Afterwards I use a CBD oil to soothe it.

I've added to my diet ( all high quality, I'm blessed as my sister owns a health food store:
High quality collagen
Iron,
Complex B, vitamin C, lots of D, zinc, magnesium bisglysinate, occasional iron, high end full spectrum probiotic, with a powerful kefir ( 4 trillion bacteria, yes 4 trillion with over 40 strains)

I use peppermint oil and rosemary topically, plus nizoral.few times a week.

I even bought high quality laser diodes to make a top of the line laser cap for cheap...I'd do PRP but it's expensive round hair.

Oh apple cider rinses.
Why not right!! It's all we have is our hair!!

And yes: dairy, wheat, most whole grains, sugar, all that is pure poison...

I'm going holisticly! Im going to win this battle. It's way too convenient to believe finasteride or avodart is the only hope....

Simply complex or complexly simple.... I dunno but it's holistic! Thank you Mickey. I appreciate your time. Rob English

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are delusional and I am an idiot for arguing with you

You are delusional if you believe everything Big Pharma says.

Here's a piece from Harvard about FDA:

"The bar for “safe” is equally low, and over the past 30 years, approved drugs have caused an epidemic of harmful side effects, even when properly prescribed. Every week, about 53,000 excess hospitalizations and about 2400 excess deaths occur in the United States among people taking properly prescribed drugs to be healthier.

Prescription drugs are the 4th leading cause of death.

This evidence indicates why we can no longer trust the FDA to carry out its historic mission to protect the public from harmful and ineffective drugs. Strong public demand that government “do something” about periodic drug disasters has played a central role in developing the FDA.2 Yet close, constant contact by companies with FDA staff and officials has contributed to vague, minimal criteria of what “safe” and “effective” mean."

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I truly appreciate your thorough response. People want a quick fix. A pill...of course I'm taking the pill too BUT not just the pill

I've started to microneedling. Immediately Afterwards I use a CBD oil to soothe it.

I've added to my diet ( all high quality, I'm blessed as my sister owns a health food store:
High quality collagen
Iron,
Complex B, vitamin C, lots of D, zinc, magnesium bisglysinate, occasional iron, high end full spectrum probiotic, with a powerful kefir ( 4 trillion bacteria, yes 4 trillion with over 40 strains)

I use peppermint oil and rosemary topically, plus nizoral.few times a week.

I even bought high quality laser diodes to make a top of the line laser cap for cheap...I'd do PRP but it's expensive round hair.

Oh apple cider rinses.
Why not right!! It's all we have is our hair!!

And yes: dairy, wheat, most whole grains, sugar, all that is pure poison...

I'm going holisticly! Im going to win this battle. It's way too convenient to believe finasteride or avodart is the only hope....

Simply complex or complexly simple.... I dunno but it's holistic! Thank you Mickey. I appreciate your time. Rob English

Fantastic! I see you know your stuff, Absolutely love to hear it mate!

I wish you good luck! Remember not to make any decisions about whether it's working or not until at least 8 to 12 months, and that there will be shedding multiple times throughout the course of any hair treatment.

And Yes Apple Cider Rinses are great for washing your hair with as it doesn't strip your hair of important oils yet effectively helps to clean your scalp.

I would recommend adding some Caffeine Topical into your regimen to help block DHT at the hair follicles whilst stimulating Hair growth and taking some MSM which helps hair growth.

Last edited: