Milleraj's Success Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

milleraj

Reaction score
Hi all. I just want to give a progress report on my hair loss and my use of Proscar to combat it. A little over 3 years ago I was lying in my bed, scratching my head around the vertex and noticed that it felt a little thin. I immediately freaked, and ran into the bathroom and grabbed a mirror. Sure enough, right on the top of my head, there was a big thinning spot. I cannot believe I did not notice it there before!

Well, like any 26 year old who is still not married, I started doing my research, and got started using Proscar. My Doctor gave me a prescription for it since I could get it through insurance. I got the 5 mg tablet and split it into 4's, and have always done it that way. I have since lost my health insurance, and now have to buy my Proscar from one of those online pharms that is overseas. It is still the Merck Proscar, but good and cheap: 30 tabs for $90. The bottom line: it worked for me. I no longer have a bald spot on my vertex, and you can never tell that it was there. My hair is also quite a bit thicker all the way around. It took time to get it back to that point, but it was worth the wait and the $$$ cost. I never tried minoxidil, and have never had the urge to try it. I also use Neutrogena shampoo a few times a week to clear out my scalp.

Downsides: urinating and ejaculation. If you use proscar, plan on spending more time at the urinal. In the beginning, it was very annoying thinking I was done taking a piss, zipping back up, and dribbling some in my drawers. You learn to shake it off a bit more. And forget about ejaculating like a p**rn star...it does not feel any different, it just kinda comes out in a non-impressive way. Oh well. I'd say it is a fair trade for losing the bald spot.

Anyways, if you can afford it, try it and stick with it. I won't try anything else since I am very happy with what I have been doing...I don't want to mess it up. I wish I would have taken a "before" and "after" shot to show my progress. It would have been impressive. Good luck to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.