might quit avodart

antonio666

Reaction score
I am seriosly thinking about quiting avodart,my hair is worse than when i started and if i keep going like this will look like kojak soon plus it is costing a lot not that would be an issue if i was seeing positive results.

Will consider staying on the drug if someone can give me some hope?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how long has it been since you started? please, don't say less than 6 months

antonio666

Reaction score
diet cola ,it is less than 6 months.You must be getting all your hair back,or maybe you are a eternal optimist,wish i could think like that.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have no way of knowing how much hair i will get back, or if i will keep it for very long. but without hope and an optimistic attitude life is bleek.

dht inhibitors like dutasteride and finasteride need months to work. i'm at month 4 on finasteride and i highly doubt it is responsible for any of my success yet. i know it's hard not to get down on things because of it, but you gotta give it 12 months before deciding it's garbage.

is dutasteride your only treatment, or have you considered adding to your regimen?

antonio666

Reaction score
I am using gsk avodart,can't remember were i got it from but it is a legit place and i know it's the real deal because i've stopped thinking like a rapist?

G

check out my success story. now 7+ months on avodart with no rogaine(minoxidil).

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
C'mon comrade, give it a bit longer. Because of hair cycles and such, you're gonna have to wait at least a good six to twelve months before seeing any results.... even if that result is a return to baseline it means you're maintaining.

And I've yet to hear anyone say "I took avodart for two years and all my hair fell out". Those of us who are having bad experiences are mostly people who have been on these drugs for less than 6 months. We do need to give them more time. And remember, the drug you're on inhibits 98.5% of follicle dht, how can it possibly fail to work!

antonio666

Reaction score
To stu 85 thanks for your kind words,

I know it blocks nearly all the dht,but i get the feeling that even if we blocked all the dht ,it still would not stop some of us going bald.

How is your battle going?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you dont see regrowth after 6 weeks its not gonna work and you might as well stop

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
roki said:
if you dont see regrowth after 6 weeks its not gonna work and you might as well stop

Huh? I hope that was supposed to be ironic. :shock: Though I'm sure it is, you probably shouldn't say that, someone could read it and take it seriously!

To stu 85 thanks for your kind words,

I know it blocks nearly all the dht,but i get the feeling that even if we blocked all the dht ,it still would not stop some of us going bald.

How is your battle going?

Well, you could be right. Some people say that testosterone alone can damage our hair, but it sure as hell can't be as bad as dht. There's more about it here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=29768

My battle doesn't seem to be going anywhere very fast at the moment. And since I've started minoxidil recently I can expect to see even more damned shedding. But I'm willing to give these things time.... but thanks for asking!

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no im serious 6 weeks is long enough ,he should stop because its not going to work

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hahahaha roki you are :evil:

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Roki, your humor isn't even really funny.. just stop.

You are going to confuse newbies.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
Roki, your humor isn't even really funny.. just stop.

You are going to confuse newbies.
Humor?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
how long has it been since you started? please, don't say less than 6 months

I think he started dutas like last week.

G

it says in his regimen he's been on it for 6 weeks. that's like, nothing.

tonster121

Reaction score
I had similar effects. Hair got worse. Consider using a Head and Shoulders Shampoo or similar as my hair got really greasy and dht could be reassorbed into the follicles. I really did not start seeing progress until I started using Zinc Pyro. shampoo. check out Minoxidil.com(regrowth Site) because in a tiny amount of users, Dht blockers(internal) can cause a rare massive shedding. I would consult with that Dr Lee. Something else to consider: maybe every other day for less side effects on hair. Hope that helps.