[Microscope Pics] Miniaturized hair?

jnr8

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first message here, but I have been reading posts here for a while. I am a 30 year old white male. Like most men, I have a mature hairline. From what I see in pictures from when I was 20, I already had a mature hairline back then. I have a tiny mole on the corner of my left temple and this is how I can tell that I have not receded for the past 10 years.

My father is a NW5. My mother does not have brothers, but her father has a full head of hair and so does her uncle. I also have a brother who is 10 years younger than me and we have the exact same hairline. I still seem to have a full head of hair too, but I also know that people start noticing that a guy is balding when he has already lost 50% of his hair. In short, I think early diagnosis and prevention are key.

I bought online a USB Microscope in order to take pictures of my scalp to (1) detect excessive miniaturization and (2) track the evolution over the years. From what I have read, many of you have gained expertise in matters related to MBP. What do you think of these pictures?

The USB Microscope I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009N8JL9Q/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the various picture. The first one is from the back of my head, where I am not supposed to lose any hair. The purpose is to compare this normal zone to other zones of my scalp that might be thinning.

Back.jpg

The second one is from the front of my scalp, where I usually have a part. You will notice that my hair is lighter here. The reason is that I am blond with very long hair (shoulder). My hair is lighter on top of my head and darker in the back. And my scalp is more pink because the part is exposed to the sun.

Front.jpg

This one is from the mole I talked to you about, on my left temple. Funny thing, it does not look the same with a microscope. It is really at the extreme border of my hairline on the temple and hair seems thinner here.

Left Temple.jpg

This one is my hairline on the right temple. Color seems to change a bit depending on the intensity of the microscope's light. Sorry about that.

Right Temple.jpg

This one is my vertex.
Vertex.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, I see you guys judging hairlines all the time when the only real way to diagnose male pattern baldness is to look at the scalp under a microscope. Is there anyone proficient enough to have a look at my pictures?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am no expeert and not familiar with microscope pictures at all and therefore can't tell you if you are losing your hair or not. However, if you take pictures of your hair line (pulled back) and crown (using a normal camera), some of members here on this forum will be happy to tell you what they think.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
the photos show a good condition of scalp, and the hair density seems normal, i don´t see differences in hair width,.....
other photos with a normal camera can be useful

jnr8

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answers. Here are the pictures. But as I said, I've had the same hairline for the past 10-12 years. What I am worried about is miniaturization, that will only reflect in a receding hairline and a general thinning when it's too late. If my understanding is correct, it's all about preventive care and holding ground.

Photo on 7-17-13 at 10.21 PM.jpgPhoto on 7-17-13 at 10.22 PM.jpgPhoto on 7-17-13 at 10.22 PM #4.jpg

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, your hair looks great and unfortunately there is no way I can tell you for sure if you are going to go bald or not. If really concerned, go see a dermatologist and have them do some miniaturisation test and DHT & Testosterone blood tests for you. Good luck!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have great hair. what matters is that you keep it, and this is no task for the minoxidil or finas
lotions with essential oils can help you, if you come to Spain send me a PM and I'll give you one bottle