MicroRNAs role in pathophysiology of Male Pattern Baldness

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a layman so this might sound like a daft question, does this tie in with the studies from harvard regarding fat cells and hair loss or is it the flip reverse and a reason why some people think there's a link between hair loss and obsesity?

Um or neither.

T

TravisB

In all those researches, I see a few common things - stem/fat cells, fat, adipocytes. So, there must be something going on!

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
when i was 16 ( around the time i noticed my hair line was receeding )

I used to eat and drink a loat of fizzy drinks sweets chippers donner kebabs etc ....

i think insulin and hair loss is a big thing and so is this fat cell sh*t

DHT is just another factor ... DHT is not the main cause of hair loss how many times do people need to be told this

you can have DHT in the range of 2000 % increase and still not loose hair

if DHT was the problem, there would be a cure by now . Its so unbelivable easy to completely block DHT yet .... OH IT DOESNT WORK

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts.... thank you.
Studies talk about "fat", "fat cells", "fat formation",....,
but in pilosebaceous unit, our scalp hair, where and what are the fat cells? Is related sebum with it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
thinninghairsucks said:
DHT is just another factor ... DHT is not the main cause of hair loss how many times do people need to be told this

you can have DHT in the range of 2000 % increase and still not loose hair

Yes, but you're completely missing the point: androgenic stimulation is an incitant and prerequisite for androgenetic alopecia. If you don't have androgenic stimulation, you won't have androgenetic alopecia.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
sir chugalot said:
I'm a layman so this might sound like a daft question, does this tie in with the studies from harvard regarding fat cells and hair loss or is it the flip reverse and a reason why some people think there's a link between hair loss and obsesity?

Um or neither.

sir chugalot, I'm a layman just trying to figure things out myself. The only link to the Yale (I don't mind the mistake but those from either school most likely would :) )

Whoops quite right, poor Yale, credit where it's due.