MHE delays--looking for alternative

Fanjeera

Reaction score
@yourMom<3sMyHair Yeah I hear you. This really is a crazy purchase in the sense that we're paying hundreds of dollars for an item that we really have no idea what its really going to be when we get it. Sure you can return it but only if it's an uncut stock unit. I personally want to get mine precut (haircut) beforehand so I don't have to go to a salon and the whole nine yards. Just a barber for blending. It would be amazing if we started seeing little kiosks pop up in malls so men could actually physically see and touch these hair systems. To know what they are buying. To see the hairlines up close. To see how bleached the knots are on lace. To see the unit on a model head even, etc. I once told Curtis he should try and go on Shark Tank. He told me he plans to get on TV once Covid is over. Not sure if he means an infomercial or what but that would be a great thing for the industry depending on how much exposure it gets.

I do believe Lavivid sells a great product though for what its worth. They don't list the contours of the units in the descriptions on their website though which I find bizarre. If you're looking for a skin system the "Eros" is their best one from what I've seen. Looks like they have a few colors ready to ship in 5-7 business days right now.

1610129091446.png

This really Lavivid's system? This guy is from the Northwestlace forum, called gaminggolfer. I thought he was wearing NWL, because he's showing his systems there all the time. Could this pic be stolen from nwl?

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 154539
This really Lavivid's system? This guy is from the Northwestlace forum, called gaminggolfer. I thought he was wearing NWL, because he's showing his systems there all the time. Could this pic be stolen from nwl?
I've seen that guy before and he's used NWL and Lavivid. Really not sure what system that is. His instagram name is professor_hair and that photo is on his IG so maybe you could ask him in the comments.

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@yourMom<3sMyHair Yeah I hear you. This really is a crazy purchase in the sense that we're paying hundreds of dollars for an item that we really have no idea what its really going to be when we get it. Sure you can return it but only if it's an uncut stock unit. I personally want to get mine precut (haircut) beforehand so I don't have to go to a salon and the whole nine yards. Just a barber for blending. It would be amazing if we started seeing little kiosks pop up in malls so men could actually physically see and touch these hair systems. To know what they are buying. To see the hairlines up close. To see how bleached the knots are on lace. To see the unit on a model head even, etc. I once told Curtis he should try and go on Shark Tank. He told me he plans to get on TV once Covid is over. Not sure if he means an infomercial or what but that would be a great thing for the industry depending on how much exposure it gets.

I do believe Lavivid sells a great product though for what its worth. They don't list the contours of the units in the descriptions on their website though which I find bizarre. If you're looking for a skin system the "Eros" is their best one from what I've seen. Looks like they have a few colors ready to ship in 5-7 business days right now.

Kiosks would be great pre-Covid. Not sure how well they would work now. Curtis has definitely helped changing the stigma surrounding systems. I would love for younger guys to know they don't have to take the chemical poisons to get their hair back. I would gone this route a long time ago if I knew just how good it can be.

Sure, I'm older now and have more confidence. I don't advertise the fact that I'm wearing but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if someone found out. My attitude is f*** it. I dread maintenance day because it's such a pain in the *** (full install) and I hate looking at myself in the mirror with the donut (look much better just fully shaved), but the outcome far outweighs these negatives.

I do think it's strange that LaVivid doesn't detail the contours. I just hate the idea of dropping that kind of cash and ending up with a system I don't like but that's the risk you take until you find suppliers you're comfortable with.

Curtis needs to up his customer service game a bit. I'm sure he's learned a lot from this pandemic. As someone who wears, he surprisingly doesn't seem to grasp the consequences of this disruption for those who rely on his products (or at least it seems that way to me). When the website states a 8-16 week delay and you're going on six months you expect some sort of an email with an update. That's the minimum.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
@yourMom<3sMyHair Well with the kiosk idea in American malls I didn't really mean now, but post-pandemic. As great as Curtis has been the man only has 28k subscribers at the end of the day and I have no doubt that most people in 2021 would still find it a bit odd for a man to wear hair. Though I am with you on the "f--- it" mentality considering I will look like absolute sh-t bald.

Nothing will truly begin to eliminate the stigma unless the industry really takes that big step and blows up and that won't happen without someone making big moves such as television spots, stores/kiosks in the United States, big name actors coming out about wearing or how they once wore (i.e. Travolta, Kevin James, Brendan Fraser, etc)

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 154539
I believe he switched to Lavivid. You don't have to wear a NWL system to be on the forum. You just can't OPENLY push someone else's systems.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a long waiting time, hopefully lordhair can manufacture in the quoted amount of weeks since I'm likely going to buy from them

yourMom<3sMyHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread. I've had three units from MHE since I started this thread. The first was a blonde unit because that's all he was able to get. I dyed it to my color. It did the job although the hair on this unit just continuously fell out. I think I pulled on it too hard trying to get a strange clump to unwind that had developed towards the back.

The second unit is still in the box. I was trying a lighter color and then decided to go a bit darker so I installed the third unit instead (color 7). This unit is plug city. Hair diameter is way too thick, especially in the front. Nothing like the quality of the units I received from Curtis when I first started ordering from him. There's no subtlety in the hairline. The wave throughout the unit is too strong and doesn't tame.

As usual, when I report this to Curtis he just acts like his units are perfect and there's no issue. I'm done with it. Looking for alternatives.