METHOD OF ACTION FOR MSM

powersam

Reaction score
the thing with msm is once a day really isnt enough, the effects just wont be as pronounced. far better to take 1g 3x a day (or whatever dose your on). i take 2-3grams 3x a day and have seen great results.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
the thing with msm is once a day really isnt enough, the effects just wont be as pronounced. far better to take 1g 3x a day (or whatever dose your on). i take 2-3grams 3x a day and have seen great results.

I agree. Would you care to elaborate on your results?

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I read that MSM should be taken twice a day because it only stays in your system for 12 hours.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:

so you take 9000 mg of MSM a day? Can you buy these in bulk? I just bought a bottle of MSM containing 60 tablets at 1000MG a tablet. It's better to load all this MSM at one time into your sytem or spread through the day?

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
wangho75 said:
PowerSam said:

so you take 9000 mg of MSM a day? Can you buy these in bulk? I just bought a bottle of MSM containing 60 tablets at 1000MG a tablet. It's better to load all this MSM at one time into your sytem or spread through the day?

Yes MSM can be bought in the powder form and it is a lot cheaper that way and I need the money for the haircuts since the frequency of need has gone up. I have put links in a previous post for sources.

Twice a day in smaller amounts probably is the very best way to dose MSM. I am going to that method myself.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the powder form after reading about it here. I bought a 2 lb. tub from Ebay for about $25 including shipping.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Packers said:
I'm taking the powder form after reading about it here. I bought a 2 lb. tub from Ebay for about $25 including shipping.

I saw results in about 2 to 3 months after starting the 4g a day routine. Let us know how you do on your MSM. Better set aside some cash for hair cuts.

On your Ebay purchase, always test your MSM by dropping a teaspoon of it into a glass of cool water. I should sink, if you get a lot of scum on the top it is not high purity, they have put fillers to increase the bulk weight.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'm glad to know that my MSM sinks now. The MSM I bought appears to be very legit. I bought it from a highly respected seller with perfect feedback. The MSM also came with an MSM information packet.

I just started taking it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't noticed much except for the growth and strength of my nails. I'm hoping my hair experiences the same. :hairy:

It's also supposed to help with muscle pain/soreness which would be great for me since I exercise a lot.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Packers said:
Thanks for the tip, I'm glad to know that my MSM sinks now. The MSM I bought appears to be very legit. I bought it from a highly respected seller with perfect feedback. The MSM also came with an MSM information packet.

I just started taking it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't noticed much except for the growth and strength of my nails. I'm hoping my hair experiences the same. :hairy:

It's also supposed to help with muscle pain/soreness which would be great for me since I exercise a lot.

It helps with muscle pain. You will see if you stay with it and dose in the right amount for you.

After about 2 months, let me know if you see a reduction in body odor after work outs.

powersam

Reaction score
bulk powder form is the best. i got 2.5kg for AUS$76 so its not hard to find it cheap. I think i read on the linguisil msm site that 3 times a day is the best dosage plan, but i'm sure twice will work better than once also. and oddly enough either it or the fluiridil is making my hair far less oily, started them both at the same time.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont think any of you guys are necessarily msm experts as far as dosage is concerned because daily values havent been established...anything that gives you an upset stomach if taken in high dosages is a sign that you dont need to take as much, hence why youre shitting it out lol...i buy mine in cvs for 5 bucks..taken in capsule form..and btw just because it says for joints and bones it doesnt matter, its still good for your hair...just think of it this way...it says nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo but its still a mild anti-androgen....i take 2 mgs a day....sometimes 3 mg ( 2-3000 mcgs) because im poe and cant spend 5 $ every 2 or 3 weeks in addition to the other supplements and expensive 68$ minoxidil/retin-a im taking ...taking more of something wont necessarily speed up ts effects either ( think of minoxidil, right?)..or think of it this way...you may have beautiful hair, but your liver will be done it