Measure your prostate volume, if you've taken finasteride!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Get a rectal ultrasound and see how big your prostate is, if you're taking Propecia or have taken it before. The normal is 20--30 ml, but our's should be smaller accordingly to how much damage the drug did on its epithelial part. Get it measured and see how much it's affecting your semen, sperm and sex life!
There shouldn't be a problem asking that procedure, as it's done quite routinely to check for prostate cancers and is quite easy.
You should also post how much you know and see about the change of quality of your semen (color, flying, amount, consistence, sperm count, mobility, defects etc) comparing to before taking the drug.

Mine is only 18 ml and sperm is little in amount, doesn't fly as good, is watery and transparent.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How does this help? Finasteride's primary effect is to shrink the prostate. That's what eliminating DHT does, and that's why it was originally approved for BPH. In Propecia for hair loss, the prostate does shrink but this doesn't cause serious problems for most people.

I've been on Propecia for a year and my prostate is likely shrunken. However, my sex drive and performance have not been affected. Lowered ejaculate volume and watery semen exist to a certain degree, but it's to be expected, as those are well known side effects of taking the drug.

I, for one, don't really care if I can only shoot my semen 2 feet instead of 5. Yes, it's a change, but it's not much to have to give up for a full head of hair, especially since I would have willingly given up my right hand for a full head of hair a year ago.

Your post doesn't make much sense. You are saying that people should go get their prostates examined to confirm that the drug is doing exactly what it is supposed to do?