Mbehr22's Story: Propecia After 6 Months

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are my pics. I think the back is looking better after 1mg propecia/day for almost 6 months ...

My concern is now that I think my front is losing ground. Any feedback appreciated.

The link to "My Story" :

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=30284

just getting started

1.5 month update

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100600.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100601.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100622.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100623.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100-4.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100-1.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100-2.jpg

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100-3.jpg

These are all photos of my current status ... as stated above, I have been on finasteride for not even a month @ 1mg per day

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

New update:

This past Nov - Pics @ 2.5 months on Propecia

100_2202.jpg

100_2219.jpg

100_2220.jpg

100_2223.jpg

100_2226.jpg

100_2210.jpg

UPDATE

its been 5 months and 2 weeks on 1mg of propecia/day

i use nizoral about 2-3 times/week

im really leaning towards adding rogaine... im thinking about hitting the top - everywhere from crown to temples to hairline - with 5% minoxidil 2xday and see how that works

my concern initially was the massive shed i had during weeks 2-4. bad initial shed. covered my pillows. now im debating if the temples/hairline is receding. i freaked last week b/c i thought the hairline was in reverse, but now im debating if i am actually regaining some real estate up front. maybe the forward growth is making my hairline look 'jagged' and so uneven.

now... these pics are going to look funny since they are wet. the originals are dry. i will post dry pics in a few minutes.

WET...

100_2735.jpg

100_2725.jpg

100_2723.jpg

100_2724.jpg

100_2731.jpg

100_2745.jpg

DRY...

heres my dry pics at 5 months...

this probably gives a better comparison to the originals since the originals were taken when my hair was dry also ...

i think the crown may look a little improved.

my biggest concern is my front hairline right now

any feedback appreciated

100_2747.jpg

100_2748.jpg

100_2756.jpg

100_2754.jpg

100_2755.jpg

wow .. maybe its working...

beforeandafterjan2007andoct2006.jpg

larger:

KSVsBridalShoottheSwanHouse10100600.jpg

100_2755.jpg

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael barry

Reaction score
Looks like the crown has definitely improved. Finasteride's highest haircount results are at year 2, then a very slow decline each year thereafter.

If you use Nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week (leave in for 2-3 minutes), you will add to the anti-androgenic effect of the finasteride and hold onto what you have longer. The nizoral study is here at the HairLossTalk.com library.

Best of luck.

G

Yep, the back is looking better. Good jobs, so far......

But I don´t see that you are losing ground on the front. It looks the same to me!

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

MB - i am using nizoral 3x week ... i need to add that to my list-o-meds in my profile

Im also thinking about adding minoxidil foam to my front 1xday (night) would that help thinken my 'bangs' /temples/hairline any?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definite improvement in the crown, no worries on the front. Good job, congratulations.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

its amazing how the b4 and aft pics show you how far youve come - before i saw thos i wasnt sure if anything had changed

Will i see any improvment in the temples from propecia alone?

G

tough to compare because the after pic is taken from further away. it honestly does look the same to me. the close up pic just looks like a more magnified version of your situation. but others disagree with me so thats fine. it is rather subjective.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well id you dont see any more results after 12 months u could add some minoxidil to youre regiment

ugly_and_balding

Reaction score
Looks good. Definite progress on the crown. But I would definitely add minoxidil. It works well on the crown. Might want to use the liquid because of the length of your hair, but the foam is better in my experience.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
is this where my hairline should be?

should i add minoxidil along the front like so?

thanks!

100_2226.jpg

100_2226B.jpg

100_2226C.jpg

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Same Same But Different

I am in the exact same predicament as you but have been on Propecia for 13 months.
I think I am just a little worse of than you. You can see in my pics, Lorenzo's Story. Make sure you post what you decided to do.
Your hairline is looking fantastic to me. Also you have the triangle recession that looks better than the M type. Very Lucky.
I don't know it's a tough call on the foam, just like it is for me because it's a lifetime commitment. Also I might want to save the big guns but then my hairline might never come back.