Maurice Collins, Blackrock, Dublin, Ireland

Pseudonym

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had come across Maurice Collins. I went to see him some time ago and was quite impressed with the consultation.

Has anyone here any experience or knowledge of him/his work. Mods if it ok I am putting his website address here (please remove if you think that this is inappropriate)
http://www.hairtransplant.ie

I did go to see a Dr. Conor Kiely (Cork, Ireland) who I was less impressed with on doing a search on this forum found a post which was submitted saying that he did a botch job, so I am running a mile.

Maurice Collins said that I would need 1200 - 1400 grafts (that was a year ago and I have lost even more hair, however, I dont want to make drastic changes, I am about a NW3 and just looking to add a bit of thickness and soften some edges!!) He is not cheap at €10 ($13) per graft, but I think I would rather have my transplant done in Ireland as opposed to travelling to the US/Canada.

The reason I have not acted before now is because I thought I could cope with my baldness, but looking in the mirror lately...its just all wrong.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated

Regards,
P

G

Are you on any hairloss meds? What is your family history? If you're losing that fast, hair transplant surgery can advance the loss and especially if you are not on the meds.

You want to see his work in as many patients as possible. Docs can have great bedside manners, but that does not mean they have top-notch talent. Proven talent is worth traveling to because you only have one chance to get it right.

Pseudonym

Reaction score
Hi Gillenator,

Sorry should have clarified earlier, I am taking a 1.25mg Proscar (Finasteride) daily and I am also using Rogain (which I hate as its so messy!)

As regards family history, my dad is not too bad, but uncles on both sides are bald, and i have older first cousins who are also completely bald.

I am now 29, and started noticing hair loss at 19. I suppose it hasnt been very quick or dramatic, but I just dont want it to go any further.

I note that you mention Dr. Ron Sharipo in your posts.. apparently Conor Kiely (also in Ireland) has worked with him http://www.kielyhealthcare.com , have you ever come across him?

Thanks again,
P

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pseudonym said:
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had come across Maurice Collins. I went to see him some time ago and was quite impressed with the consultation.

Has anyone here any experience or knowledge of him/his work. Mods if it ok I am putting his website address here (please remove if you think that this is inappropriate)
http://www.hairtransplant.ie

I did go to see a Dr. Conor Kiely (Cork, Ireland) who I was less impressed with on doing a search on this forum found a post which was submitted saying that he did a botch job, so I am running a mile.

Maurice Collins said that I would need 1200 - 1400 grafts (that was a year ago and I have lost even more hair, however, I dont want to make drastic changes, I am about a NW3 and just looking to add a bit of thickness and soften some edges!!) He is not cheap at €10 ($13) per graft, but I think I would rather have my transplant done in Ireland as opposed to travelling to the US/Canada.

The reason I have not acted before now is because I thought I could cope with my baldness, but looking in the mirror lately...its just all wrong.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated

Regards,
P

To be honest, you might be better off going abroad for a hair transplant. Sure its innconvienient, but its worth it if it means a really good hair transplant. I havent seen any of his work so im not saying that hes not good, just saying that if I were going for a hair transplant, id travel abroad.
Also, that price seems far too high, even for a business in D4 :p

G

Pseudonym,

My concern for you is that if you started to notice your hairloss at an early age of nineteen, you undoubtedly are following the gentic trait in your family history.

Very glad to hear you are on the meds, but you did also state that you are continuing to lose. How "long" have you been taking finasteride? And listen, I know how messy the minoxidil can be, do you have the Rogaine foam available yet? It's far less messy and dries much quicker. No propylene glycol in it either. :)

And sorry, I am not familiar with Dr. Conor Kiely in Ireland.