Mature Hairline Or male pattern baldness Went To A Hair Transplant Surgeon

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO you would be an excellent patient for finasteride and maybe minoxidil. The worst mistake with finas ppl make is they wait too long and its too late. Its excellent for maintenance. Also due to your young age its probably best to wait and see how your hair loss progresses or you may regret it big time. Id be surprised if any reputable Doctor would even operate on you. Thirdly, I think IF/WHEN your male pattern baldness progress in may years there will maybe be many non invasive or surgical treatments available. I was around 28 when I started in a simlar situation as you and it did wonders for me for 10 years.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honest Opinion: Why the f*** are u posting in New Research, Studies, and Technology, did you make some kind of new drug thats gonna reverse baldness....if not..take your post and shove it up ur ***. This is the New Research, Studies, and Technology Forum, not the tell me how my hair looks...for asking for advice about your hair...don't post in the New Research section of this forum.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Khguy No worries, if your really worried about your hair...try taking finasteride(if you get side effects, discontinue) and minoxidil 5%. And prey that Replicel or Brotzu comes out next year. Your hair looks fine right now, nothing to be scared of...just take the finasteride.+minoxidil and prevent further loss

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Khguy No worries, if your really worried about your hair...try taking finasteride(if you get side effects, discontinue) and minoxidil 5%. And prey that Replicel or Brotzu comes out next year. Your hair looks fine right now, nothing to be scared of...just take the finasteride.+minoxidil and prevent further loss
Thanks man, yh im going to wait 1 year while taking pictures every 2 months as in a years time i will be going back to the hair surgeon again to check out my hair etc.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont see much hair loss. Are you sure your losing hair? If your going bald you will be able to easily tell its not something you can miss if you pay attention.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont see much hair loss. Are you sure your losing hair? If your going bald you will be able to easily tell its not something you can miss if you pay attention.
Yh my temples have receeded over the years, i used to be a nw1 at 16 i am now 20. Some people on this forum call me a 1.5 butbi consider myself a two. Anyways i just wanted peoples opinion and if it looked like a mature hairline. The surgeon i went to said it looks like a mature hairline and that it looks like the little hairs that are left on my left temple will receed and stay like that.

timberman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you are not even close to a NW2 so you can't even tell if you have male pattern baldness. Would be foolish to start using drugs at your age without significant hairloss, please stop worrying to much. You are a solid NW1 and nowhere near a NW2;

norwoodscale.gif

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
we really have people recommending finasteride to a guy with zero hair loss? finasteride isn't a precaution drug, it changes your hormones and you shouldn't be taking it unless you are sure there is male pattern baldness.

To OP, you are a nw1, not all nw1s are zero forehead curved hairlines like Bieber. Your hairline being different from when you were a kid is normal change, not male pattern baldness. Can you imagine how ridiculous you'd look with that forehead as an adult?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmao how does it look ridiculous to not have temple recessions? I'm going for a straight hairline in a future hair transplant procedure, if you're balding and using Finasteride and are actually spending money on a hair transplant might as well go the full mile.

The sh*t balding people say.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between temple recession and just normal temple points which OP has. I never said a straight hairline was ridiculous, I said that baby forehead in OP's child pics would be on an adult. Really, you're going to transplant that on your head?

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Admin , please remove this thread to the proper section.
Sorry i am new to this, please can you tell me how to do it. Do i have to delete the thread and then just make a new one or can i just change the thread.