masturbate can cause hairloss

abcdefg

Reaction score
Even if you masterbate and it changes your hormone levels wouldnt it basically just balance out with time back to normal? Doesnt seem like it would make a significant difference to me. Also considering some p**rn stars have 15 year old hairlines so their hair is immune I guess?
Eh I see a lot more real world evidence that men with hardly any facial hair generally have no hair loss even at old age. I think androgens that science tells us cause hair loss makes a lot more sense to me considering they change as you get older naturally.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
im 16 with diffuse thinning! im the least hairy guy, I am ZERO armpit hair and no beard

HOW AM I LOSING HAIR WITH LO DHT

abcdefg

Reaction score
You know I saw a study while googling about a woman that was losing her hair even though she had androgen insensitivity which seems odd if small androgen increases you would think would be the cause of that.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
douglasmich said:
im 16 with diffuse thinning! im the least hairy guy, I am ZERO armpit hair and no beard

HOW AM I LOSING HAIR WITH LO DHT

It seems like maybe there is some environmental factor happening for your hairloss...have you gone to a dermatologist??

Cr@ig

Reaction score
As usual I see a lot of people on these hairloss forums calling anyone who sees the link between sex drive and hairloss to be a 'idiot' or a 'moron' but these people are never willing to test out the theory for themselves.

More or less I used to masturbate 3-5 times a week - more often that not the hours proceeding that led to more than average shedding.

Naturally I'm not the only one who sees the benefits of abstinence - I'm now on a once every 2 week routine and i can say more or less that my hair feels stronger and my hairloss is reduced.

I'm not saying it cures hairloss, I still have hair-fall but just not as much as when I masturbated a lot.

pets93

Reaction score
Cr@ig said:
As usual I see a lot of people on these hairloss forums calling anyone who sees the link between sex drive and hairloss to be a 'idiot' or a 'moron' but these people are never willing to test out the theory for themselves.

More or less I used to masturbate 3-5 times a week - more often that not the hours proceeding that led to more than average shedding.

Naturally I'm not the only one who sees the benefits of abstinence - I'm now on a once every 2 week routine and i can say more or less that my hair feels stronger and my hairloss is reduced.

I'm not saying it cures hairloss, I still have hair-fall but just not as much as when I masturbated a lot.

Glad to see I'm not alone in this matter. I am actually myself trying to fully quit masturbate.

It's been a long ongoing process, I've been trying to quit for about a year now. At first, I was masturbating only once a week, eventually I would go for twice a month etc. Right now I've been clean for almost two months and this time I'm aiming high - gonna try half year without masturbation. Having good hair satifies me much more than wanking.

Just like you, it feels like my hair is much healthier. Back in the days when I used to masturbate once each day, my scalp would get very very greasy and oily. However, nowdays it's muuch better. I can go two days without washing my hair and it will be OK, unlike before when I had to wash it everyday.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I stopped pounding the pudd for almost 2 months and I too felt like my hair was improving...but the downside is that I started getting aggressive, anxious and not really "calm"...I believe it is NOT healthy to NOT masturbate if you aren't getting sex with a partner...

...having said all that, I feel better about myself for not wackin every morning in the shower..it's down to maybe once a week...I have a better perspective in life and I am turning my energies to other endeavours...

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i read alot of thing about it..some says no some says yes..but in my opinion it can cause thinning..2 or 3 times a week is normal..but i do 3 times a day sometimes more...i have a diffuse hairloss..all over my head...when started at 14 years old..my hair thinning ligthing color and a general hairloss ..my frontal is very good now..no frontal hairloss...i think there is a relationship between masturbate and hairloss(i can accept over masturbate don t effect erverybody..but some people this must be search)..i read alot of story like me in my ages..now i m 22...i have a godd reason for saying this..because i can remember when i was 16 years old,i started a school and stayed at dorm..u know dorms..if u r home..u r boring and can do alot masturvate..but in dorm u can forget this..anyway..i stayed at dorm for 2 years..i use regaine little..but it is expensive and side effects u know i stopped it..anyway..i can t remember..any regrow..but i used it only 4 5 months..then sopped...i stayed at dorm 2 years..my hair thickened..when i returned home at 18 my hair became thinning again..in my thoughts because of statrting over masturbating again...any story like me or idea?(my frontal hair is good now..if my hair is long and comb carefully..believe me u can t understand..even u say what a nice hair...however the truth i hate my hair..)
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
don't do it
68.gif
68.gif

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Masturbating shouldn't make any difference at all. As for the low facial/body hair theory, that's bull****, lot's of hairy beardy guys have amazing hair. I have pretty pathetic facial hair, and no chest or arm hair to speak of, and at 27 I'm getting diffuse thinning on top.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Masturbating shouldn't make any difference at all. As for the low facial/body hair theory, that's bull****, lot's of hairy beardy guys have amazing hair. I have pretty pathetic facial hair, and no chest or arm hair to speak of, and at 27 I'm getting diffuse thinning on top.

The key here is hair being sensitive to androgens which might be due to a persons androgen receptor layout in each of their hair that determines whether how sensitive to androgens it is. I still think very hairy men have higher androgen levels then men with very little but hairy men might be less sensitive so not lose any or little hair. Androgens are a big big factor its unarguable at this point, but the sensitivity part is something that needs to be figured out. Its certainly not bull though just because some hairy men have amazing hair.
"As for the low facial/body hair theory, that's bull****, lot's of hairy beardy guys have amazing hair"

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you masterbate and it changes your hormone levels wouldnt it basically just balance out with time back to normal? Doesnt seem like it would make a significant difference to me. Also considering some p**rn stars have 15 year old hairlines so their hair is immune I guess?
Eh I see a lot more real world evidence that men with hardly any facial hair generally have no hair loss even at old age. I think androgens that science tells us cause hair loss makes a lot more sense to me considering they change as you get older naturally.

There are people who are "p**rn actors":
...some go bald do not get to be "p**rn stars"
...some keep their hair and become "p**rn stars"
Industry selection -- for obvious reasons

TheTgyptianOne

Reaction score
i come form the future and ur an idiot lol. excessive sex and masturbation does cause baldness in predisposed people with male pattern baldness genetics. u will lose most of ur hair in 2013 idiot lol.

- - - Updated - - -

haha ur an idiot, keep masturbaiting

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Well now that its 2014 and I am 31 years old I am going to test this theory. After all that's why we come to these forums right ? To use the scientific method (which is why I've tried controversial treatments already) To give you some background about me, and please do not take this as a joke.

My babysitter and family caught me masturbating at the age of 6 years old, and I continued to do it until now. During my preteen days all the way till 26 years old masturbating 10 times a day EVERYDAY was common for me. In-fact I wish I knew of a help group for people like me. On my days off at work, id sit on the internet and masturbate for 20 hours in a row, taking breaks for food. (again I'm only telling my story this is not a joke) I've always known I had a problem, but I just never cared.

My goal is to go 1 week, then slowly tack on more days, eventually to where I can go over a month without doing it. I will continue to keep taking photos of my hair while doing this. I will monitor my shedding as well. I am not proud of the fact Ive been literally doing that everyday for about the last 25 years, but we all have our problems. For what its worth I am going to try this theory...if anything It could help me break a bad habit.

Audi

Reaction score
Can't believe this is a sixteen page thread and people are refusing to bust a nut for months at a time thinking it will improve their hair. If you can do that in your 20s you must have a super low sex drive.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
I think sexual stimulation is the cause (read: p**rn), not masturbation itself per se

More sex/masturbation/p**rn leads to higher libido, the body adapts its adrenal levels and you have a self-reinforcing circle.
High libido is taxing on the immune system. The goal is basically to deprive yourself of pleasuring yourself for a limited period to calm your androstenolone levels down

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
definitely agree. I've noticed more hair on my dick after masturbation rate increases weekly.

- - - Updated - - -

i heard moobs and male pattern baldness are linked. what do you think?

KeeperOtf

Reaction score
Well now that its 2014 and I am 31 years old I am going to test this theory. After all that's why we come to these forums right ? To use the scientific method (which is why I've tried controversial treatments already) To give you some background about me, and please do not take this as a joke.

My babysitter and family caught me masturbating at the age of 6 years old, and I continued to do it until now. During my preteen days all the way till 26 years old masturbating 10 times a day EVERYDAY was common for me. In-fact I wish I knew of a help group for people like me. On my days off at work, id sit on the internet and masturbate for 20 hours in a row, taking breaks for food. (again I'm only telling my story this is not a joke) I've always known I had a problem, but I just never cared.

My goal is to go 1 week, then slowly tack on more days, eventually to where I can go over a month without doing it. I will continue to keep taking photos of my hair while doing this. I will monitor my shedding as well. I am not proud of the fact Ive been literally doing that everyday for about the last 25 years, but we all have our problems. For what its worth I am going to try this theory...if anything It could help me break a bad habit.

You should go On reddit Nofap, They are 100k people doing that and it would take more then a lifetime to read everyone.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I lost a significant portion of my hair as well as density/volume during the 3 months when my gf and I were having sex 2-5 times a day.

Theory confirmed in my books.