Massive Shedding!!!

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine and Revivogen around a month now and this week has been very bad with the shedding. Every time, I comb my hair with my hand; a whole clump of hair: long and short,thick and thin comes out, possibly around 200-300 in the end. I know this wouldnt have anything to do with male pattern baldness but has to do with either treatment, since I have never experienced something like this. Btw, I am applying Rogaine once a day instead of the recommended twice because, I'm applying it to my whole head instead of just the thinning spots, and a whole bottle is running me only two weeks. (On the other hand, I've been applying Revivogen at the normal recommended once a day dose to my whole head too.) I also read on Amazon from a reviewer that Rogaine causes you to shed all your normal hair and regrows peach and fuzzy "Rogaine" hair. Is this true? If thats indeed whats happening to me , should I stop the treatment?

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
NYVic20 said:
I also read on Amazon from a reviewer that Rogaine causes you to shed all your normal hair and regrows peach and fuzzy "Rogaine" hair. Is this true? If thats indeed whats happening to me , should I stop the treatment?

I've read about that too and because of that I decided not to try rogaine specially because my hair is neck line, if were to try one of the FDA approved I'd opt for finasteride.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're using to much minoxidil, which can actually be very detrimental to hair growth.

Make sure you are only using 1mL.

trips

Reaction score
1ml once aday or 2ml total for one day?

Im confused as to what the best way to apply minoxidil - Ive been told 2mil once per day but others suggest otherwise?

beaner

Reaction score
HairyBerry said:
NYVic20 said:
I also read on Amazon from a reviewer that Rogaine causes you to shed all your normal hair and regrows peach and fuzzy "Rogaine" hair. Is this true? If thats indeed whats happening to me , should I stop the treatment?

I've read about that too and because of that I decided not to try rogaine specially because my hair is neck line, if were to try one of the FDA approved I'd opt for finasteride.

This is not true. I've had several minoxidil induced sheds and the hair comes back the way it was before if not better. You also should never stop minoxidil in the middle of a shed. You really need to ride it out and stop reading reviews of Rogaine on Amazon.

Goingat20

Reaction score
trips said:
1ml once aday or 2ml total for one day?

Im confused as to what the best way to apply minoxidil - Ive been told 2mil once per day but others suggest otherwise?

1ml in the morning
1ml at night

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah dude...i shed like crazy too...i know its scary...but they are all gonna come back...