male pattern baldness vs. NON-male pattern baldness people

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if we shed hair at the same rate. The only difference being that male pattern baldness people have their grow back finer and thinner until there is nothing left.

Because my roomate sheds hair like a mofo. He routinely clogs the shower drain and his hair is all over the bathroom floor all the time. But this f****r doens't have male pattern baldness. I actually examined his hair with a magnifying glass up close after he passed out after a wild night of drinking. This guy sheds more hair than I do.

Do male pattern baldness and non-male pattern baldness people shed hair at the same rate?

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
funny guy!

jsond

Reaction score
As someone who is non-male pattern baldness and losing it from accutane I lose very many hairs a day I am so surprised that I have ANY left after 8 yrs. Now of course some have grown back and that helps. Plus I am 50% native american so my hair was very thick to begin with. But I have had people live with me for a short period of time and complain my hair is everywhere. Hard to estimate how many I lose a day but has to be at least 100-200 based on the shower in the morning, my pillow, watching 1-2 hairs fall every time I run my hands thru my hair.

I gave up wearing white shirts many moons ago as people would come up to me and grab a piece of my hair from the back of my shirt and show it to me.

The Gardener

Reaction score
YoungAndThin said:
I was just wondering if we shed hair at the same rate. The only difference being that male pattern baldness people have their grow back finer and thinner until there is nothing left.

Exactly true.

YoungAndThin said:
Do male pattern baldness and non-male pattern baldness people shed hair at the same rate?

Each person has different rates of hair growth, hair shedding, and hair regrowth irrespective of whether or not they have male pattern baldness.