[male 22] - Is My Crown Thinning Or Is It Just A Hair Whorl

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you’re thinning m8. Early to the party tho. Get on finasteride asap if you want to keep it

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain to the dermatologist how finasteride works best when hair loss is caught early, he should know that.

It would be extremely unfortunate if the dermatologists in your area only prescribe finasteride to people that are beyond help.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say. I need a wet pic of that region. The only real good way of determining crown and top thinning is with wet pics under super harsh light.

Nan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say. I need a wet pic of that region. The only real good way of determining crown and top thinning is with wet pics under super harsh light.
My hair is wet in the first picture, but the lightning might be off.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is wet in the first picture, but the lightning might be off.

Hard to say. Could you put your crown right under a bright bathroom light or a bedroom lamp and then take a pic? Lighting like that can be misleading.

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this good enough? My hair is completely wet.
Yeah, that's better. Considering how spread out the thinning appears to be, it looks like early crown thinning. A cowlick (not a sign of balding) will typically be a small whorl or a small line of hair. I'd recommend going to a derm and getting your scalp mapped for miniaturization, as well as probably a prescription f or finasteride. Minoxidil isn't probably necessary yet.

InvaderZim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Early crown thinning. If you look at the surrounded hairs, they're thin as well.