Making a thin skin last as long as possible? Fixing methods? The basics?

scissorhands

Reaction score
Hi, I've dabbled in systems lightly before, but this is my first experience with a poly base. I'm hoping to make it last as long as possible, as i'm not in a position to be making regular repurchases at the moment. What would be the most efficient method of securing it, in terms of longevity? I've been browsing these boards on and off for a while (really helpful), and i've noticed some people mentioning using a liquid glue on top of tape, instead of applying directly to the system etc. Basically I really have no idea where to start. Obviously I'd like it be secure, but also fairly simple to remove\ clean? How do you go about removing a thin skin piece? If anyone has any experience, it would be great if you could give me a few pointers. I have the system, some ultrahold, (and some walker tape\ lace release somewhere), but don't really want to make a start until i've grasped the fundamentals....

Thanks

Grimoire

Reaction score
You can put a layer of Transpore one-sided tape on the base and then "paint" whatever adhesive you like onto the tape. That way, when it's time to remove and re-attach, you simply peel the tape (with the glue) off the base
and dispose of it. You can also use Red-Liner tape or Duo-Tac tape safely - they both peel cleanly off of ThinSkin. Most other tapes are difficult or impossible to remove and I don't recommend using any of them.

Joey D.

Reaction score
How thin is transpore tape relative to other thin tapes and then does the system never rip from separating the glue from the system? I have a very thin system.

Also, what do you find to be the easiest tool to separate glue. Mine is a very thin poly. Thanks! Great posts and great help!! Have never used transpore so excuse my lack of knowledge in that area.