Making a Lace System Last As Long As Possible - Tips?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use Walker Ultra Hold tabs. I used Walker No Shine for the first few years but found it to be much more difficult to clean during maintenance. The Ultra Tape holds just as well and doesn’t leave loads of sticky residue during cleanup. It also comes off the system (especially the poly) very easily for me.

Nice, if you stick to tape for the hairline like me then I think you'd enjoy a poly perimeter with lace center. Makes hairline much easier to maintain in my opinion.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would wear if the system didn't last me around a year. I'd probably just have a hair transplant.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would wear if the system didn't last me around a year. I'd probably just have a hair transplant.

What base and density do you buy to have it last a year?

I never heard of poly UTS less than .06 last more than 3 months. And because every base sheds I'd imagine you'd have to buy a thick rug to last that long.

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Supplier and density if you do not mind me asking? Shedding seems to be a big problem for my french lace 95% density from Lavivid.
I should point out i only cut small pieces out of one system so its easier for me to make 1 piece last a long time.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What base and density do you buy to have it last a year?

I never heard of poly UTS less than .06 last more than 3 months. And because every base sheds I'd imagine you'd have to buy a thick rug to last that long.

My 0.03 UTS lasts anywhere from 4 to 6 months on average. My current one is going on 5 months and is in great condition because I haven't washed it often or messed around with the hairline too much.

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t use leave-in conditioner because I haven’t found one which doesn’t either leave my hair oily and affect the bond or which ended up drying out my hair a lot. The best conditioner for me is just regular wash out conditioner - I use tresemme Color protect, works very well for me. I also don’t live in a part of the world where UV is really an issue but I do think wearing a hat has helped to prevent fading nonetheless.
Could you please send a link to the tresemme conditioner that you use?