Making A Duplicate Of A Template So You Have A Spare One? What Do You Guys Do?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you make a template for a custom hair system order, do you also make a duplicate to keep for yourself? Obviously you send your template off to your supplier, leaving you without a template to shave round etc.

I was wondering what is the easiest way to make an exact duplicate of your template after it's made?

I realised this slight problem after I created my template for my first custom system, so I tried creating a duplicate by placing it on the styrofoam head, then tracing round it with a marker pen (leaving the outline of the template on the syfrofoam). Then I created the duplicate by putting cling film and and tape over the styrofoam head, as per normal when making a template.

However, I'm not sure this will be an exact duplicate as the shape of the styrofoam head is not the same as my own. Does it really matter? Would it have been better to make a duplicate on my own head and then comparing the two before sending one of them to my supplier?

Also, is it possible to make a template by tracing round an existing hair system that you wear?

Just wondered what you guys do personally about this. Thanks.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you send the template off, most companies allow you to request a return, which comes with the system. There may be a minor duplication fee.