Maintenance question

unluckystat

Reaction score
I am about to start taking finasteride and I was wondering, for most responding users do they maintain their hair to the point where it was when treatment started or does it normally mean you maintain the hair that you have once you start responding?

rescue hair

Reaction score
It differs from case to case, but in general, if you are a responder, the hair you have on the day you take your first dose of finasteride, you will keep.
(at least for a few years)

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
unluckystat, why is your name unluckystat? Do you think you are a non-responder, or something? Just curious.

unluckystat

Reaction score
rapidfrontal said:
unluckystat, why is your name unluckystat? Do you think you are a non-responder, or something? Just curious.

I've only been using minoxidil, azelaic acid and spironolactone for a week now and im gonna start finasteride soon. I'm 19 and I'm thinning, there are barely any people my age that have to worry about this, hence the name.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
same age as you unlucky only finasteride. isnt working for me .. so i guess that makes me ununluckystat....oh well time for a new approach i guess

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
same age as you unlucky only finasteride. isnt working for me .. so i guess that makes me ununluckystat....oh well time for a new approach i guess

How long have you been on finasteride? Are you still losing or are you possibly maintaining?