Maintaining

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looking at this...

Day 1: PROPECIA begins working to lower DHT levels.

Month 3: You may notice a slowing of hair loss.

Month 6: You may see evidence of less hair loss. That’s a success. You may actually begin to see some regrowth of hair.

Month 9: If PROPECIA is working for you, at this point you should be maintaining the hair you have. You may even grow back some of the hair you’ve lost.

Does this mean you will maintain what you have left at the 9 month mark, or will you be maintaining what you have at the start of the treatment?

I'm having a sh*t day today... Been on finasteride for about 3 weeks now, and I'm noticing thinning in areas that didn't seem to be any problem. This is okay right? And you just have to stay strong throughout these first few months? :(

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Sorry I can't answer that question....I wouldn't treat those quoted words as law since everyone is different and results will vary.
Stick with it....It took about 2 months before I really noticed any improvment...The improvment being less fallout. At the end of month three I've seen awesome regrowth. Keep in mind I'm using finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral. I also use L-Lysine.
Take some "before" pictures now so you have something to gauge your improvment with. The best thing you can do is just pop those pills and try not to think too much about it for a couple of months. Good luck.

BHD