m24's story

m24

Reaction score
Hello all, I am currently 20 yrs. old and going bald. As of now it is maily frontal baldness(extreme thinning) and thinning on the crown. Most of my family, mothers and fathers sides, the males end up being bald. I can live with the fact that one day I will be bald but it realy sucks if your still in college, very depressing. All I want is to be able to keep what I have now for at least 2-4 more years. I have been searching this site for a week now but there is still allot I need to learn. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will go to a dermatologist and see if they can do anything for me, I a little scared that they will just tell me to use rogaine or something. I have millions of questions but I will search first to answer a few of them. But if anyone has any advise on how to start treatment I would greatly appreciate it.

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Your dermatologist should prescribe you Propecia, which is the most successful treatment. You should also buy 1% Nizoral shampoo at your local drug store. Nizoral (to be used every third day or so) cleans the scalp very well and can lead to regrowth b'c of it's mild antiandrogenic properties.

GoldenBear

Reaction score
Im in the same boat as you buddy, 21 cant belive how much hair i lost over the winter months. Still have another year of university and realize itll take a year for anything to really work, if it does at all.

I just went to the campus health center, talked to the Doctor for maybe 15 mins, she didnt even look at my scalp or even ask me to take off my hat. She also asked me if i wanted propecia or proscar, I made the obvious choice proscar, she wrote me the prescription went downstairs and picked up a 2 month supply for 25 bucks canadian. I started nizoral a week later, I dont want to use rogaine, finasteride is soo easy, I keep some in my glove box, incase i dont make it home. I dunno what people do when the go camping with freinds and have to worry about applying there rogaine everyday. But if gets worse Ill probably start doing that too.