Loss Of Morning Wood Side Effect finasteride/minoxidil

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll let you know what the situation is after I've been a week free from minoxidil. I might go for 2 weeks. I myself personally believe minoxidil hasn't got anything to do with my lack of morning wood but I'm open to the possibility.

The thing is, if minoxidil really did have AA effects, then wouldn't it be the magic bullet regarding hair loss? and it definitely isn't lol. But yeah i'm looking forward to being completely drug-free for a while. probably gonna lose hair dramatically but f*** it.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll let you know what the situation is after I've been a week free from minoxidil. I might go for 2 weeks. I myself personally believe minoxidil hasn't got anything to do with my lack of morning wood but I'm open to the possibility.

The thing is, if minoxidil really did have AA effects, then wouldn't it be the magic bullet regarding hair loss? and it definitely isn't lol. But yeah i'm looking forward to being completely drug-free for a while. probably gonna lose hair dramatically but f*** it.

I would go more than 2 weeks without Minoxidil. You risk hair loss after that point.

HLV

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean don't go above 2 weeks? would that be enough time to see if it was causing me issues? Like if morning wood doesn't return within' 2 weeks, it's definitely not the minoxidil, right?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you mean don't go above 2 weeks? would that be enough time to see if it was causing me issues? Like if morning wood doesn't return within' 2 weeks, it's definitely not the minoxidil, right?

In my opinion it’s extremely unlikely Minoxidil would cause any erectile issues. Actually a few years ago scientists actually tried to use Minoxidil as a topical treatment to the penis to see if it would improve erections. You are free to check that out.

HLV

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion it’s extremely unlikely Minoxidil would cause any erectile issues. Actually a few years ago scientists actually tried to use Minoxidil as a topical treatment to the penis to see if it would improve erections. You are free to check that out.

HLV
I honestly don't believe it's minoxidil either but I'm just gonna atleast rule it out by testing

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil causes vessels to dilate so it shouldn't cause erectile dysfunction. Contrary!

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Same problem here , been on finasteride for 3 years. I get occasional night time erections though they seem pretty weak. Rarely get morning wood either. Unfortunately I don’t Recall how it was before taking finasteride.

WilliamHairlove

My Regimen
Reaction score
You already seem to workout plenty, so perhaps work on other aspects of self-care. Like other users recommended, regular sleep times and getting enough sleep along with eating healthy and perhaps the most important one avoiding stress can help you regain what you seem to have lost. Avoiding stress is obviously vague but things like googling endless and mindfucking yourself is something you should try to keep to a minimum.