Losing hair with an odd shaped head

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
@ATEAM: it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't call it a deformity, rather I would say it to be a distinguishing feature. I have that pointy thing going on too, and have seen it in other baldites.

ateam505

Reaction score
@ATEAM: it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't call it a deformity, rather I would say it to be a distinguishing feature. I have that pointy thing going on too, and have seen it in other baldites.

Dammit! I wish someone told me that earlier!!! I might need to look into undoing the procedure now!

Thanks for the words, in all honesty though it looked way worse in person, however, probably not all that noticeable to anyone but myself.

At the end of the day though, it bothered me and I'm happy to be able to take care of it.

ateam505

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures. Very different from my head shape. Not sure if mine is any better though. Yours is looking really good now. Congrats on the successful procedure. And thanks for all the information/update on your situation. Helps others going through a similar situation.

My father also has the same head shape so it seems like there can be some inheretence of this trait, even though our shapes are a bit different.

Like your father too though, mine is 64 years old and has limited hair loss that conceals the head shape - a tiny bit of recession but pretty thick hair behind it.

My hair is definitely thinner than his but I still have decent coverage behind the hairline. By how quickly my hair was thinning and receding in my early 20's I was almost certain I'd be way worse by now but still sticking it out...only time will tell.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
frogcomicfinal.gif

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness

+

Badly shaped head

=

082.gif

Dante92, stop being a pussy. Really!!!!
Be strong, be a men and not a f*****g pussy!!

Enough is enough.
Take your life in hand.

You are thin and not happy? Ok go to gym !
You have a hair problem ? Ok, you take now finasterid and if you are still not happy then make later a hair transplantant.
Today .the results are just amazing!

You think your life is unfair but all humans have problems. Problems are here to solve them!!

Millions of mens will become bald.80% of all men will have hair loss in her life!!

You think you will never become a pussy? Yes there are women outside there which just want a date with a model, but the most woman are just normal in here brain.

But what every woman in this world not like is a men with self-pity and 0 self-confidence!!!!!!

That is the most unattractive option on a men!!!!

I have many friends who are bald (full) small and thin but the have great woman.
Do you know why? Because their personality is incredible and many girls love my friends ;)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol funny really.....Your problem is not the hair loss it's your personality.

Go to a psychologist really! Fix your problem.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I didn't know psychologists were cheap surgeouns, too, good to know, thank you.
Those were the good old days, when shrinks practiced a more hands on approach with their patients.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Haha well what do good looking people know about personality when all they have to do is flash their pearly whites
(some don't even have to do that.) and magically their world becomes their oyster.

Last edited:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Not speaking in absolutes here , but yes Ignorance and Arrogance have a checkered past together and in many cases career perpetrators (or at least prime suspects) whose notorious acts of serial criminality, unequivocally translate to abuse of power.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet, this new guy is so confident in his personality and manliness that he has decided to join a hair loss support forum.

The irony.
Ha ha this was funny.
But hey, some of his friends are bald yet have great women. That is some experience to share ;)

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Attached are some before and after pictures (sorry, not sure how to rotate these pictures). The first five are pre-op -- I shaved my head to help the doctor better shape the bone cement he added. You can see the high spot in the center, you can also kind of make out the divot in the back of my head in the fifth picture, but not really apparent. Even with a bit of hair, the deformities were a bit concealed, but the doctor did notice that once he flipped my skin back and could see the skull, the extent of the deformities were much more evident.

The last two pictures are after pictures -- the first one after three or four days, the second one today, after a week and a half. My head now looks and feels smooth and round.

The last picture is me trying to show my sutures / the scar, I unfortunately deleted all of the suture and scar pictures, and took this one today. My finger is where the sutures begin, they've started dissolving after over a week post-op. I can say they were never very visible, no one noticed them, I only told my girlfriend and my father about the procedure and even they had a tough time seeing the sutures with shorter hair than I have today. The doctor said the scar will be very fine, about as fine as you can get for an incision -- frankly I'd rather have a scar, as a lot of people do, than have the odd shaped head I was working with before.

The surgeon I went with is Dr. Barry Eppley whose practice is outside of the Indianapolis (United States) area. I'd recommend him to anyone. I actually did a Skype consultation with him two years ago and he gave me a quote based on that. He mentioned that any plastic surgeon can do this procedure but he is one of few in the world with experience doing this so I trusted him. He also posts some before and after pictures of his work -- from first hand account and from the pictures I'm confident to say he does some excellent work.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/skull-reshaping.html

I'm definitely glad I committed to do the procedure, especially while I'm still somewhat young and have hair, instead of scrambling to get it done in the future when I'm a cue ball. I definitely feel a huge sense of relief now -- I definitely used to worry about this way too much.

I've been itching to shave my head for years but held back due to my headshape, I'm happy to do it now.

Hair loss definitely sucks and is a major source of stress, but it's definitely way worse when you know you have a deformed skull underneath that camouflage.

Thankfully though, for those of us in this predicament, we do have options!
Thank you so much!

Hommecouver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Better late than never. Wow. What a sad story I sounded like 6 years ago.

I'm happy to say though instead of sulking about it, I decided to do something about my odd head shape.

I had a skull augmentation procedure done last week with Dr. Barry Eppley out of the Indianapolis are and I am very happy with the results. I can post some before and after pictures at a later time if anyone's interested.

It was an expensive procedure - $15k for some pretty extensive work - but it sounds like that's on the higher side of cost of the usual work he does, and, I'm left with a nice, smooth shaped skull.

I will have a scar from the incision point, but that's much better than the odd plateau that was going on on the top of my head.

I'd definitely recommend the procedure to anyone who is going through the same thing. It's expensive but it's a worthy investment in you and your future if you feel you need it.

As for my hair loss, I still have hair 6 years later at 30, but shaving my head for the procedure uncovered my true hair loss. I'm a pretty strong NW3 but with alright coverage behind it. It's thinned a little but but no distinguishable bald spot.

I feel with this deep recession my best options are shave it down to the skin, or grow it a bit and try to conceal the loss a bit, which is what I've been doing for the last 7 or 8 years with decreasing success since I first noticed my hair loss. Most people I know are shocked by how receded my hairline is because I've been able to conceal it well for a while

I used Rogaine for about 4 years but stopped it about a month before the procedure. I really don't think it did much in all of those years.

I had a terrible experience with Propecia back in 2009 so I've only been using Nizarol since then -- again, not sure if it's doing anything but why not?

Hopefully I'm stable enough to do a hair transplant but I'm at least happy to say that I can shave it down now since I now have a somewhat normal shaped head.

Hey ateam! I have a similar case to yours (hairloss + odd shape), only my head is wide on the sides (i believe it is called Prominent temporal lines). Your procedure involved a skull augmentation whilst mine would probably be a reduction. Anyhow, I was searching the web for insight on what could be done and the only possible option that I could find is one with Dr. Barry Eppley... the surgeon that operated you. I would really hope if I can talk to you privately as I have several questions to you regarding the procedure but most importantly the surgeon himself. It is rare to stumble upon a patient and get genuine feedback. I will leave my email address below.
sjad_888@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!!!

Nuntius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey ateam! I have a similar case to yours (hairloss + odd shape), only my head is wide on the sides (i believe it is called Prominent temporal lines). Your procedure involved a skull augmentation whilst mine would probably be a reduction. Anyhow, I was searching the web for insight on what could be done and the only possible option that I could find is one with Dr. Barry Eppley... the surgeon that operated you. I would really hope if I can talk to you privately as I have several questions to you regarding the procedure but most importantly the surgeon himself. It is rare to stumble upon a patient and get genuine feedback. I will leave my email address below.
sjad_888@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!!!
I'd be interested to hear how you got on. I am losing what is left of my hair, and have the problem that my skull is slightly mishapen and goes up too high from an already high forehead. As I get balder it makes my head look oddly large. Problem is that I can't see how it can be reduced. Not sure what to do. I have considered hair systems, but my heart sinks at the thought of something stuck to my head, plus all the maintenance and worry about people detecting it. And Finesteride not really working for me. The odd thing is that in some mirrors and lights my skull does not look too bad. In other situations it looks awful, and very odd. Am driving myself mad as I can't see myself as others see me and tend to assume the worst. Does anyone know of a product you can spray on the scalp that will at least take away the shine? I suspect artificial light shining on the scalp is the worst. God I hate baldness. I saw a guy around my age (57) in a cafe today: he was not a looker, but had a perfect head of black hair. I wonder if he realizes just how fortunate he is.....