Losing hair where Im not supposed to....

southerndrawl

Reaction score
Ok everybody I've been gone since december for military training and I was not allowed to take propecia during that time....so for 5 months after being on it for almost a year and a half, no propecia. I didn't notice much change until I saw my whole head by using multiple mirrors....I have thinining not at the vertex but just below and also some thin patches on the sides of my head....I understood that these hairs were immune to DHT and therefore are used during hair transplantation. Now I have read about a specific type of hairloss which can be caused by a change in hormone levels, and stress. This type will affect the back and sides of the head. I figured that maybe since I was off finasteride for so long maybe my hormone levels have changed and also i was in a very stressful enviroment and my finance had ended our engagement so needless to say this would make sense.....
I'm now back on my pills and I'm curious if I'll ever get that hair back. I did read that this type of hairloss is only temporary and once the hormone levels are fixed things go back to normal. I'm just worried because some of the thinning is in the donor area, and I am planning on getting an hair transplant within the year.
Thanks
-Nick