Losing hair Going from minoxidil liquid to foam?

croxzy

Reaction score
I've been taking minoxidil liquid for a few years, had great results but the 'dandruff' was horrible and was finally fed up with it. Did a bit of research and found out it was probably the liquid drying on my scalp. Decided to try the mens regaine minoxidil foam instead. No dandruff at all which is great, however it's been about 1.5 months and I've been losing a lot of hair. I am wondering if this is normal considering its the same drug? And how long does it take the the foam to start working?

Last edited:

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some say PG in the liquid minoxidil helps it get into the skin better but at the cost of significant irritation for some. If the lack of the PG in the foam means a lack of results for you you could always try to add a little retinoic acid or microneedling to your routine.

croxzy

Reaction score
Some say PG in the liquid minoxidil helps it get into the skin better but at the cost of significant irritation for some. If the lack of the PG in the foam means a lack of results for you you could always try to add a little retinoic acid or microneedling to your routine.
Thank you for replying and the advice. I will definitely give these a try and see how it goes.