Loosing hair one one side

HG

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you in advance for any information you can provide. I'm 25, a person who has been loosing hair since the age of 16. Since the age of 20 or so my hairloss accelrated, and in the past 2 years it has gone into hyperdrive. I have always ahd thin straight black hair, and this only adds to the problem. I only started to notice a distinct horseshoe pattern for 2.5 years.

However, my issue currently is that I am loosing hair on the left side of my head at a very fast rate, while my right side is OK. I have a U shape, however, the loss really starts almost at the centerline on my right side, and much lower on the left. I am on proscar, and have used minoxidil for 3 months. I think the minoxidil might be helping with the loss. Since my left side was loosing faster, I used more minoxidil on that side, and I only think it has made it worse. Also, the right side respond smuch better to treatment. I have def. gorwth on that side form minoxidil, and def. loss on the left.

SO...

Is this normal?
What can I do, if anything?

Thanks you all!

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is normal. My right temple is worse than my left. If you look at most guys with a side parting with male pattern baldness, like on the tv or whatever, they usually have the same thing, but part the hair on the better side and brush it accross to cover up the "balder" side. It actually works well for some guys, ofcourse their hair needs to be long enough.

If you are on proscar & minoxidil 5% (buy 4 for £20 at costco if you didn't know) your doing the right thing. Propecia takes a longer time to take effect, so stick in there with both meds. I'd advise you to add Nizoral Shampoo 2-3 times per week (work it in to the effected areas and leave it for 5 minutes). nizoral is marketed as an anti-dandruff, and it isn't expensive, it should help a little with your battle.

Good luck!