Loosing bond and hair system is shifting back.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been wearing hair systems for over a year now and up untill this point haven't had any major issues.

My first two systems were 0.05 poly with lace front which were great.

The system I have now is 0.03 thin skin. On my first two systems I could get three weeks before I needed to rebond it. However, on my new system after 3 weeks (thankfully it was a Sunday) when I woke up I noticed the entire peice had shifted back a good couple of inches! The hairline was pushed further up my head making it quite obvious I was wearing. I was able to rectify this but obviously would be horrific if this was to happen on a week day! So my question is why? as I have never had this problem before and would go 3 weeks and no problem.

So is it because it is a thinner base? Also, the salon I go to uses ghost bond on the perimeter and ultra hold around the side, as this is a water and solvent mixing together could this be the issue? Strange how it never happened before.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happens when the glue breaks down, and 3 weeks is a long time so it would degrade by then anyway.

Could be because the 0.05mm is that bit thicker and suctioned onto your scalp more.

I can't imagine why the salon would use 2 different glues on your fitting. Ask them why? In my case I use the one (white/water based) glue and do a full bond, not just a perimeter one.

Personally I'd recommend using less glue and refitting more often, say every 10 days or 2 weeks. It's healthier for the scalp and less messy this way.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I now go 2 weeks just in case.I asked them before and they gave me a very generic "It will hold better"response. Whenever I do a full attachment at home I only use Ghost bond as I found Ultra hard far to messy and difficult to use.